By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will you now consider a One?

Will you?

Yes! 199 32.84%

Hellz no. 407 67.16%

Total:606
sales2099 said:
Captain_Tom said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

Kinnect is now optional.  The One can now be had at the same price as a PS4.  Will you now consider getting an XBox One?

I honestly still fail to see why anyone would get One.  It's weaker, inferior in every way (Even silly ways like bluetooth), and has a terrible track record.

Ok let's be real. It's slightly weaker in that it can't do 1080p/60 fps standard on games that PS4 can. Ok. Poly counts gaps? Nearly indistinguishable. Every other way.........MS literally corrected all major cons. Weaker specs is all that remains now.

I can see why you would think nobody would want one. Games? Killer Instinct, a solid, exclusive fighter this early in the gen? Dead Rising 3, taking advantage of the zombie craze still in full swing? Forza 5, MS's sim that even at its worst, is still on par with PD's best (metacritic scores near identical). Titanfall....a multiplat not available on PS4, making waves in the genre and literalyl given away for free as a solid differentiator for Xbox.

Seriously? You THAT indoctrinated by Sony propaganda? Cmon now....

LOL you always make me laugh.  

-It's twice as strong.  Anybody with even moderate knowledge in computer hardware can tell you that.  900p is nearly 60% more pixels than 720p, add in the larger textures and other settings and it is obvious how much more powerful the PS4 is.

-As for the games, this is all opinion.  My opinion is that PS4 already has the better lineup NOW and it is gonna be a bloodbath (Again) a year from now.  However objectively I can say that neither really has an advantage in the games department.

Everything else is worse:  

-$10 more for live, games for gold sucks, the controllers have shorter range and half the features,

-it boots up slower, non-upgradable HDD (External sucks and generally isn't fast enough to run games off of)

-it's twice as big

-It can't be stood up vertically

-The share features are laughable compared to the PS4's

-It can't multitask as fastly due to the PS4 having a SECOND processor and 256MB of extra ram to run background tasks

-The OS takes up more space

-It can't be played across the world with a Vita.

-It doesn't have bluetooth.  I can connect ANY keyboard, mouse, headset I want.  Have fun paying twice as much for an Xbox Branded version.

^These are all facts.  Don't bother trying to make a list this long yourself, I'll just make a small one for you:  Skype, more customizable UI.  

Around the Network

I have it. But I am considering a WiiU for a while. I just will wait for what Nintendo will say on E3.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

sales2099, it's simple. Let's put aside all company-related considerations and let's just look at the games.

Imagine you tried the following games, and didn't like them, or didn't like them "much"; God of War, Uncharted, The Last of Us, Infamous, Gran Turismo, Killzone, etc...
You wouldn't feel inclined to buy a console whose brunt of future titles consists of sequels or spin offs or "similar" games by the same devs, would you?

Now reverse the situation. A person played/tried and didn't like, or didn't like "much", Halo, Gears of War, Forza, Fable, Alan Wake, etc...
Is it any wonder that this person wouldn't feel inclined to buy the console whose brunt of future titles consists of sequels or spin offs or similar games by the same devs, would you?

I look at all XB1 titles, both past and future (announced + rumoured) and I see nothing of interest other than Dead Rising 3 and Sunset Overdrive. No, i'm not missing anything, it's really just these two. Just like another person will look at the PS4's past titles and its future ones and might find interesting only a couple of new IPs, small amount not enough to justify getting it.

Even with this in mind, i still think that Sony has an objective advantage. There are more new IPs thanks to indie developers that have signed up to develop exclusively (this being a key word) for Sony. Not only is there The Order and Driveclub, there is the prospect of the GG RPG as well. Then there are the indies like Rime, The Witness, Helldivers, Everybody's gone to the rapture, and others. Then there are the "possibilities" of The Last Guardian, Shadow of the beast, Project beast (two different games, we're assuming). What does the XB1 counter this with? Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break? That's it, two?

And additional considerations such as PC versions... if a game has a PC version, i'll get it on PC. MS's games have an higher tendency to come to PC, therefore it makes it even harder be interested in getting one. On the other hand, I know that not only will Killzone, Infamous, God of War, Uncharted, TLOU, etc never come to PC, i also know that the aforementioned different IPs will also never come to PC. Logical conclusion: i 100% need a PS4 to play them.

I didn't care that the 360 got some indies that the PS3 didn't. Because i got them on PC. Sometimes I had to wait a few months, but that was fine. I'm not going to buy any single system because of timed exclusives. I'll always wait it out. Now the PS4 is going to get indies that the PC won't. Big advantage for the ps4.

Porcupeth said:

sales2099, it's simple. Let's put aside all company-related considerations and let's just look at the games.

Imagine you tried the following games, and didn't like them, or didn't like them "much"; God of War, Uncharted, The Last of Us, Infamous, Gran Turismo, Killzone, etc...
You wouldn't feel inclined to buy a console whose brunt of future titles consists of sequels or spin offs or "similar" games by the same devs, would you?

Now reverse the situation. A person played/tried and didn't like, or didn't like "much", Halo, Gears of War, Forza, Fable, Alan Wake, etc...
Is it any wonder that this person wouldn't feel inclined to buy the console whose brunt of future titles consists of sequels or spin offs or similar games by the same devs, would you?

I look at all XB1 titles, both past and future (announced + rumoured) and I see nothing of interest other than Dead Rising 3 and Sunset Overdrive. No, i'm not missing anything, it's really just these two. Just like another person will look at the PS4's past titles and its future ones and might find interesting only a couple of new IPs, small amount not enough to justify getting it.

Even with this in mind, i still think that Sony has an objective advantage. There are more new IPs thanks to indie developers that have signed up to develop exclusively (this being a key word) for Sony. Not only is there The Order and Driveclub, there is the prospect of the GG RPG as well. Then there are the indies like Rime, The Witness, Helldivers, Everybody's gone to the rapture, and others. Then there are the "possibilities" of The Last Guardian, Shadow of the beast, Project beast (two different games, we're assuming). What does the XB1 counter this with? Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break? That's it, two?

And additional considerations such as PC versions... if a game has a PC version, i'll get it on PC. MS's games have an higher tendency to come to PC, therefore it makes it even harder be interested in getting one. On the other hand, I know that not only will Killzone, Infamous, God of War, Uncharted, TLOU, etc never come to PC, i also know that the aforementioned different IPs will also never come to PC. Logical conclusion: i 100% need a PS4 to play them.

I didn't care that the 360 got some indies that the PS3 didn't. Because i got them on PC. Sometimes I had to wait a few months, but that was fine. I'm not going to buy any single system because of timed exclusives. I'll always wait it out. Now the PS4 is going to get indies that the PC won't. Big advantage for the ps4.

Well said.  I don't think I could have said it better myself.  Guess who owns Alan Wake, Mass Effect, Bioshock, AND no 360?  Me.  Guess who owns Demon's Souls, Fat Princess, Heavy Rain, and no PS3.  No one.

I already have a PS4 so I won't consider an XB1 at £350. However, it is good to see that they are now fighting for the format, usually leads to much better output. As I already have a PS4, XB1 is only good to me for exclusives, but having seen Sunset Overdrive, when they can get the price down to £200-£250, I think I'll be on board.

No Kinect is a plus though I have to say.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

Actually, now I'm even less likely to buy an Xbox One. The big publishers have succeeded in making console gaming insufferably boring.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

The games don't appeal to me. If it drops in price and MS decides to buy some exclusive jRPGs I definitely will.

No free online = No sale

Areym said:
Well, I used to be really anti xbox and I still bash a little too much, but its not out of the question. Being anti X company is doing myself a disservice as a gamer. Games like Sunset Overdrive (assuming it remains exclusive) would be a factor in purchasing a Xbox One. Still, i need a big library of exclusives before I can make the decision.

Maybe much later into the generation, with a cheaper and remodeled version, I would make the plunge.

We need more people like you. Well said my friend.

More likely but it wouldn't be my primary format so i don't know

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018