By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will you now consider a One?

Will you?

Yes! 199 32.84%

Hellz no. 407 67.16%

Total:606

Considering the only game I'm even halfway interested in is Crimson Dragon? No.

Around the Network

Not really. Only years down the line when I can grab a used slim XB1 for like $75. I bought a 360 early, got RROD, Microsoft screwed me with a crap refurb, it died despite immaculate ventilation and being used only a handful of hours, so I waited years to pick up a used slim on CL for dirt cheap.

With how they treated their customers when they thought they were untouchable market leaders (DRM, Huge price, weak specs, "use a 360", etc) I have grown from general distaste for them to outright hate. I want them to fail. Hard. Sadly, I don't think they will completely fail, though this will probably end up being the last Xbox console generation. The Xbox brand may live on as a streaming service, as traditional consoles may not even exist after this gen anyway.

Based on all the information i have seen between the 2 consoles, i will still be getting the PS4 at the end of this year.

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

Porcupeth said:
no
still too expensive and not enough games

Same situation here, but the PS4 still has the same problem, so I will keep waiting for at least one more year.

At least now the price is not so much a choosing factor as it is the same as the competition, if they keep dropping at the same rate I could be interesed on the Xbox One faster than the PS4 based on the games already out.

I might get an Xbox One in the future for games like Sunset Overdrive, etc, but PS4 and Wii U are going to be the first two consoles I get.  PS4 for exclusives and all multiconsole releases.  Why not the Xbox One for multiconsole?  Resolution?  No, framerate.  What happens when PS4 has to drop down to 720p in order to maintaim a stable 30fps framerate?  The Xbox One either has to drop to sub hd resolution or take a hit on framerate. 

Owning a PS3 there were some really poorly developed games with bad framerate, some of them I liked.  Because it's a Bethesda game I didn't get it until the GotY edition was released which was prepatched when Sony later helped Bethesda so the game ran well, but on the vanilla version, Skyrim originally ran like shit.  Dead Island runs at a constant sub 30fps, the majority of the time being sub 20, and sometimes even going into the single digits, all that while having screen tearing all over the place.  XCOM Enemy Unknown runs around 25-30fps except when switching screens in the base, switching screens from loading, or switching from enemy to allies turns where it drops to around 20fps.  XCOM Enemy Within which is the same game with additional content runs much much worse, dropping to the single digits during the same changes I listed on Enemy Unknown.  Castlevania Lords of Shadow runs between 20-30fps in some of the more open areas in the game.  These games are really the only games that I own that I like that have framerate issues causing a problem with gameplay.  I don't really care about 60fps, but I'd rather each game I play to have a solid 30fps, or if it does have framedrops, something that's not game breaking like maybe 30fps with dips as low as 25fps.

With the PS4 as easy as it is to develop for and being more powerful, more than likely won't have an framerate issues for multiconsole games.

Around the Network

Not until the power of the cloud takes effect (graphically).

kitler53 said:
bananaking21 said:
i already have a PS4 so i see no need for an xb1. maybe in 3 to 4 years if MS keeps pumping out exclusives like Sunset over drive. if Microsoft support the Xb1 like they did the 360 there is no doubt in my mind that i will not get an xb1.

same for me.

...but i really hope sony fixes their stock issues very, very soon.  now that xbone is almost the same console as ps4 for the same price i can see a decent chunck of the market that are "fence sitters" just going for xbone instead of ps4 due to availibility instead of waiting for the better console to be in stoke.

they still have stock issues? 

sales2099 said:
eFKac said:
sales2099 said:
Haha those 120+ people, no amount of incentives and price points will convince the large majority of them. Sony is all!

Coming from you, really? You're calling people out? Why don't you have a PS4, or any other Sony console for that matter, Master Chief?

Same reason......principle. Funny because though I am seen as more of a radical Xbox fan, this principle comes standard with the other guys ;)

IMO offcourse. People don't like me simplifying things.

can you explain the principle for me please? i cant seem to understand it. 

bananaking21 said:
kitler53 said:
bananaking21 said:
i already have a PS4 so i see no need for an xb1. maybe in 3 to 4 years if MS keeps pumping out exclusives like Sunset over drive. if Microsoft support the Xb1 like they did the 360 there is no doubt in my mind that i will not get an xb1.

same for me.

...but i really hope sony fixes their stock issues very, very soon.  now that xbone is almost the same console as ps4 for the same price i can see a decent chunck of the market that are "fence sitters" just going for xbone instead of ps4 due to availibility instead of waiting for the better console to be in stoke.

they still have stock issues? 

by me (chicago) a bit.  it's not impossible to find one but often when i go into a store they are out of stock often enough.  if you go in on sunday (shipment day it seems) there can be stock but by sunday they are all out. 

i still hear of stock issues in parts of europe (like germany) too.   if vgchartz numbers are right (or even close) the ps4 shouldn't ever be out of stock.  ever.

Not yet no. They've cut off the Kinect, so i won't feel ripped off buying it now, but before i consider getting one it needs more games that i actually give a shit about.

Currently the X1 has a grand total of 0 exclusives released that interest me, while the PS4 is towering above it with a whopping 1! :P

I certainly have more faith is Sony delivering the types of games i want to play, but were it not given to me as a present i doubt i'd have purchased a PS4 myself yet. Neither can really justify the entry price yet.