By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix’s Publishes its 2014 Development List

shikamaru317 said:

TheGoldenBoy said:

Probably. Square Enix is so darn slow : ( 

At this rate I'll be lucky if my future children get to see FF XXX in their lifetime, lol

I'm still wondering if we're going to see FFXVI this generation.

Around the Network

Sad part about this is that S-E had a thing in their forums where they asked their fans what titles they wanted published and an incredibly large amount asked for FFXIII-Agito on Vita.

S-E obviously did not listen, which is not very surprising to be honest.

I will pirate it on my iPhone to show my disgust at them refusing to listen, even after pretending to care what we wanted.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

JGarret said:
Final Fantasy 7 - 1997
Saga Frontier - 1998
Xenogears - 1998
Brave Fencer Musashi - 1998
Parasite Eve - 1998
Final Fantasy 8 - 1999
Final Fantasy 9 - 2000
Vagrant Story - 2000

Look at that output!

Konami and Capcom were much better too...now, I can understand fewer games as budgets increased, but why is it that the QUALITY also went down in a big way?

Adding more to  your list.

Chocobo's Dungeon 2 - 1999
Chocobo Racing - 1999
Ehrgeiz - 1999
Chrono Cross - 2000
Front Mission 3 - 2000
Legend of Mana - 2000
Parasite Eve 2 - 2000
SaGa Frontier 2 - 2000
Threads of Fate - 2000

I think the reason quality went down is that Sakaguchi left Squaresoft before the merger and took a lot of people with him.  He was pretty much replaced during that time anyways as he didn't have a hand in developing any PS2 titles as far as I know.  Kind of like Kojima with Lords of Shadow, I think he's credited for some titles he has nothing to do with.

kupomogli said:
JGarret said:
Final Fantasy 7 - 1997
Saga Frontier - 1998
Xenogears - 1998
Brave Fencer Musashi - 1998
Parasite Eve - 1998
Final Fantasy 8 - 1999
Final Fantasy 9 - 2000
Vagrant Story - 2000

Look at that output!

Konami and Capcom were much better too...now, I can understand fewer games as budgets increased, but why is it that the QUALITY also went down in a big way?

Adding more to  your list.

Chocobo's Dungeon 2 - 1999
Chocobo Racing - 1999
Ehrgeiz - 1999
Chrono Cross - 2000
Front Mission 3 - 2000
Legend of Mana - 2000
Parasite Eve 2 - 2000
SaGa Frontier 2 - 2000
Threads of Fate - 2000

I think the reason quality went down is that Sakaguchi left Squaresoft before the merger and took a lot of people with him.  He was pretty much replaced during that time anyways as he didn't have a hand in developing any PS2 titles as far as I know.  Kind of like Kojima with Lords of Shadow, I think he's credited for some titles he has nothing to do with.

Looking at both of these posts makes me sad.

I was always a gamer, but I became a BIG TIME gamer after playing FFIII (FF VI) on my PC with an emulator. After that I purchase FFVII, VIII, IX, Vagrant Story, SaGa Frontier,Parasite Eve, etc... I was a huge JRPG fanatic back then.

Then Square changed. PS2 was good. Not as stellar as the PS1, but it was indeed good.

Last gen they were just flat out terrible and seemed to not care at all what their fanbase wanted. Now even with Wada gone it continues.

Saddens me to say that I will not weep when that company goes the way of the DoDo.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

The smartphone news had me a little nauseous.

Around the Network
Farsala said:
"The financial success that Square Enix had last year is mainly thanks to great sales of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Thief, and Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition. The 2013 net sales met a 5% increase than the previous year."

SE: Lets release more mobile games.

SE really doesn't like to listen to their fans. It actually astounds me how they operate. They ask what we want, then they don't do it. 

Ljink96 said:
I guess we'll see Dragon Quest XI on PS4 at next year's E3. I hear X is making the most money out of the entire series.

Sucess on the Wii and Wii U, lets release a new one on PS4? I think i'm missing a logical step here. Through that line of thought XI should release on 3DS or Wii U.

Nem said:
Ljink96 said:
I guess we'll see Dragon Quest XI on PS4 at next year's E3. I hear X is making the most money out of the entire series.

Sucess on the Wii and Wii U, lets release a new one on PS4? I think i'm missing a logical step here. Through that line of thought XI should release on 3DS or Wii U.

Dragon Quest has always been on Japan's most popular system though.  Including remakes which were spread between the main releases Dragon Quest 1-6 was on Nintendo and SNES, Dragon Quest 7-8 were on the PS2, Dragon Quest 9 was on the DS, and Dragon Quest 10 on the Wii.  I think they're either going to stay on 3DS where all of the recent remakes are or move to the PS4.

Ljink96 said:

Is the PS4 going to see a massive boom in sales which makes it competitive with the 3DS, or even the Vita?

Lmao FFXV. This is incredible.