By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: Economics for AAA games 'don't work' on PS Vita

NiKKoM said:
badgenome said:
Unless your game is called Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, or Assassin's Creed, the economics for AAA games don't work anywhere else, either.

At least Activision and Ubisoft tried their best..

Activision didn't release a Vita Call of Duty, they cancelled it (they were porting Black Ops 2) and Sony quickly rushed in the Resistance Dev who had mere months to get the game done and released. That game sold bloody well all things considering (inc the attrocious Meta rating).

They were both million sellers. Something that you don't come across very often on Vita.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

AAA games are the key of success of any console or handheld

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

GamechaserBE said:
DerNebel said:

The age of JRPGs on consoles is sadly over, most of what comes out today is either on handheld or really obscure and just too "Anime" for me (as in really bad cliched Anime), only rarely do we still get some gems.

Well that is why I wished Sony invested in them and try to bring some games to PS4....  Doesn't have to be AAA JRpg's games like bravely default could work
on PS4 aswell.  I would not be sad to see a PSN indie section that existed out of JRPG's...

@Kresnik: It was a a serious question... I don't know if it well or not;.

Yeah, I'd wish so too. But I think there was at least one rumor that Sony is developing an exclusive JRPG so there is some hope, though I'm not too sure if that was referring to Project Beast, but I wouldn't really call that a JRPG in the classical sense.

A bad response to an awkward question.

4 ≈ One

They hardly work on consoles aswell. Need to sell millions of copies...

Around the Network

So in other words... Sony doesn't want to spend money on their doomed handheld so deal with it

Oh well, niche handheld is indeed niche

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I dont need triple A games, usually the bigger the budget the less I like it. Once you hit triple A the games are to mainstream dude broey for me

Vitas problem is people don't like being ripped off by proprietary memory cards.

exdeath said:
Vitas problem is people don't like being ripped off by proprietary memory cards.

You mean the one included in the box with a game?

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Is Sony hinting a streaming only Vita SKU coming up...??