By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: Economics for AAA games 'don't work' on PS Vita

Games > Hardware

Around the Network

As it's been said, it's a simple matter of the size of the user base, more importantly, relative to the amount of time on market.

8-9 million sold over a two year period, give or take simply isn't enough to justify diverting AAA resources into titles, regardless of quality, that are only marketable to such a limited audience.

I say this as a consumer who pre-ordered a Vita, loved it, still consider it to be the best portable gaming device I've owned over decades of gaming, but with all the other portable options available (namely iOS devices), I'd be lying if I said the platform had my full financial support as a consumer; I just don't buy a lot of games for it, and when I do, it's usually because they're on sale.

If anyone is going to pour AAA level resources into a title, they'd be mad not to do so on a PS4 game instead.

After Killzone mercenary and tearaway flopped so hard i can't say i don't agree with sony.Even if they make some AAA first party games for the platform the losses are bigger than sony can handle right now.

In other words, B games don't exist anymore!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

It's too bad; I LOVE my VITA and am currently playing Ys Memories which is an awesome game. I use it for Remote Play and try to get through as many titles as I can released for the system. I can't see any big releases for it except a Type-O port which is looking less and less likely..

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Around the Network

Looks like the best course is games that are neither indie or AAA. Just solid, averagely funded games. As long as they get solid B-level Japanese support, the Vita will have a long life there like the PSP enjoyed.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.