By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 100 Good JRPGs

NintendoPie said:
think-man said:

They were perfect. I remember playn them as a kid when pokemon was at its peak. Tbh I feel with every title the series has gotten worse for me,and I was such a big pokemon fanboy. I stil have my collection of over 2000 original 1st gen training cards. My main complaint is that there are just way to much pokemon now. I feel like only gen 1 and 2 had good pokemon and now all the designs and names seem dumb to me. Its probably cause I grew out of pokemon when I hit 10 and got into dragonballz. I've played every gen including the latest but I havent finished one since 2nd gen cause I lose interest

Pokémon has definitely improved over time in the best ways possible. Generation 3, in fact, was my favorite. Black and White 2 also really improved on a slightly boring and linear Black and White.

Red and Blue are blown out of proportion, buggy, and boring. However, for their time, they were pretty good, I agree. Now, though? Not a chance. I think they have aged quite badly. I can hardly stand to play them.

Guess I'm just over Pokemon then :/ Pokemon Y has been a struggle for me to play. I think  I'm up to the 5th badge.

Around the Network
think-man said:

Guess I'm just over Pokemon then :/ Pokemon Y has been a struggle for me to play. I think  I'm up to the 5th badge.

Well, Pokémon X/Y aren't even that good. So that makes sense.

Wagram said:
Brave Story was a terrible JRPG.

No it wasn't.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Wagram said:
Brave Story was a terrible JRPG.

No it wasn't.

Absolutely hated everything about it ranging from the story, to the combat, to the difficulty.

Half minute hero <3<3<3

Buuuut where is Ys? cause those are some of the best arpg's.

Edit: should read the op... but i disagree with rpg being a subgenere for Ys: Celceta for example.

Around the Network

At least someone who likes me.

The list is missing Illusion of Time/Gaia and Terranigma

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Needs Lost Odyssey.  I guess your saving that one for your 100 Great JRPGs thread.

Chris Hu said:

Needs Lost Odyssey.  I guess your saving that one for your 100 Great JRPGs thread.

I enjoy.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

No Wii RPGs like Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Xenoblade, or the Last Story?

jigokutamago said:
No Wii RPGs like Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Xenoblade, or the Last Story?

Kupo never owned a Wii from what I remember!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---