By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii u will have sold 10 million by the end of this year

huiii said:

Wow... 

Now NSMB Wii sold 11,264,902 units in 10 weeks, since NSMBU was a launch title does that mean the Wii U sold as many unit's in it's firts 10 week on the market and we have it massively undertracked?

First of all, none of the launch titles exceeded 5 Mil(all platforms), that is because people are waiting for more interesting games.

After that has been cleared. No we do not have it massively undertracked (I know you're being sarcastic), but a multiplayer game makes a whole lot of difference than a single player game. Second of all, the games that increased the Wii's sales are all Nintendo games, which means exclusives. Third, I brought up some statistics to prove that Mario Kart 8 will have a big influence on Wii U's sale and not to say that it Mario Kart 8 will sell exactly 35.53 Mil in 312 weeks.

Finally, " http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Mario-Kart-8-Selling-Out-Worldwide-Becomes-Fastest-Selling-Bundle-Nintendo-World-63980.html " Just saying.

My point is Wii U has exclusives that can push the console very far. SSB being one that has really loyal fans.

Around the Network
icykai said:

First of all, none of the launch titles exceeded 5 Mil(all platforms), that is because people are waiting for more interesting games.

After that has been cleared. No we do not have it massively undertracked (I know you're being sarcastic), but a multiplayer game makes a whole lot of difference than a single player game. Second of all, the games that increased the Wii's sales are all Nintendo games, which means exclusives. Third, I brought up some statistics to prove that Mario Kart 8 will have a big influence on Wii U's sale and not to say that it Mario Kart 8 will sell exactly 35.53 Mil in 312 weeks.

Finally, " http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Mario-Kart-8-Selling-Out-Worldwide-Becomes-Fastest-Selling-Bundle-Nintendo-World-63980.html " Just saying.

My point is Wii U has exclusives that can push the console very far. SSB being one that has really loyal fans.

@bold Wii actually has 3 launch games that exceeded 5 mil. Wii Sports, Wii Play and LoZ TP (or do you just mean 8th gen? the yes).

I agree that mariokart + smash and whatever will move some WiiU's, all i was trying to say is that they will pull nowhere near the numbers of their Wii counterparts. it would be a huge succes if they did half of what the wii games did. If you want to compare with earlier iterations looking at GC numbers makes more sense, it haveing a comparable userbase to the WiiU and stuff.

I'm not going to say it will happen. But I will agree that it's certainly possible, if Nintendo plays their cards right post-MK8 launch.

I'm going with no but I hope the ninty haters don't use this as ammo in the future like every other optimistic WiiU prediction.

Nope... Not happening!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
trollface90 said:
I'm going with no but I hope the ninty haters don't use this as ammo in the future like every other optimistic WiiU prediction.

Oh the "haters" certainly will. 

Max King of the Wild said:
trollface90 said:

Oh the "haters" certainly will. 

Oh I know, when most of them are probably alt accounts.

trollface90 said:

Oh I know, when most of them are probably alt accounts.

no, just people should learn to use common sense so they dont get ridiculed. going against nintendos 12months forecast in the next 7 months is just illogical 

huiii said:

@bold Wii actually has 3 launch games that exceeded 5 mil. Wii Sports, Wii Play and LoZ TP (or do you just mean 8th gen? then yes).

I agree that mariokart + smash and whatever will move some WiiU's, all i was trying to say is that they will pull nowhere near the numbers of their Wii counterparts. it would be a huge succes if they did half of what the wii games did. If you want to compare with earlier iterations looking at GC numbers makes more sense, it haveing a comparable userbase to the WiiU and stuff.

Sorry i didn't make that clear. Yes, I did mean 8th generation launch games.

Anyways, no, I think the WiiU games can sell as half as the Wii games did, maybe not near the numbers of the counterparts but they can sell almost 50~70% as much as the Wii games. The Wii sold too many Mario Kart Wii, Wii sport, and SSBB copies which increased their fans. Which means there are those people who'll say "I'll wait for this game, then i'll buy the WiiU with it". That is how i know those games will affect the WiiU's sales.

By the way, the numbers I used for Mario Kart Wii gave me a hint on how things may turn out and the chance of Mario Kart 8 doing as good as it's predecessor. I can't use Mario Kart DD to see how Mario Kart 8 will do. It's because Mario Kart Wii brought new people to the series. Things have changed since GC and that is why i can't compare the sales of the WiiU and it's games with the sales of the GC and it's games.

No offence, but i dont think using GC to compare makes any sense.

spurgeonryan said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

At this current rate of 30,000 a week, the Wii U will be sitting at 6,250,000 units sold by the time Mario Kart 8 releases. From that point on, the Wii U would need to average 130,000 a week to make 10 million by the end of the year. I just don't see that happening unfortunately.

Remember holidays will make the acerage go up.

Read my other posts!