By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii u will have sold 10 million by the end of this year

WagnerPaiva said:
jlmurph2 said:
WagnerPaiva said:
I think it can, MK8 can move 1 million, Smash Bros another million, all we need is another cool game to move aa extra million and christmas will do the rest.

^ I don't think that's how it works

Cool games sell consoles buddy =D

It depends on how many people think they are cool.

The coolness levels of all the previous games on the wii U have been overstated by people thinking their opinion on nintendo's quality of games is the only one and the right one.

Around the Network
fps_d0minat0r said:

Cool games sell consoles buddy =D

It depends on how many people think they are cool.

The coolness levels of all the previous games on the wii U have been overstated by people thinking their opinion on nintendo's quality of games is the only one and the right one.

Geez, you guys are a bummer, no optimism at all for Nintendo uh? Ok, we will see what happens.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

I honestly believe that most people who want Mario kart 8 already has a WiiU. I'm afraid most of Nintendo IP's are wanted from "our generation". The new generation after "2000", is mostly interested in smart phones and tablet games.

Once you entered you won't be the same anymore. A blog about life.

http://seetheworlddifferent.wordpress.com/

Can't see it happening sorry. Not unless it gets a big price drop and a steady flow of games.

ImmortalHelixFossil said:

I honestly believe that most people who want Mario kart 8 already has a WiiU. I'm afraid most of Nintendo IP's are wanted from "our generation". The new generation after "2000", is mostly interested in smart phones and tablet games.

Yeah my thoughts exactly.

Around the Network

Has there even been one generously optimistic Wii U sales prediction that's ever come true on this site?

They're not hitting 10 million this year as someone else pointed out in this thread that would mean jumping from a 30k/week baseline now to 130k/week for the rest of the year from MK8's release ... not gonna happen guys, even if MK8 boosts the baseline it won't go that high.

They will hit 10 million by end of March 2014 though, I do buy that.

Soundwave said:
Has there even been one generously optimistic Wii U sales prediction that's ever come true on this site?

They're not hitting 10 million this year as someone else pointed out in this thread that would mean jumping from a 30k/week baseline now to 130k/week for the rest of the year from MK8's release ... not gonna happen guys, even if MK8 boosts the baseline it won't go that high.

They will hit 10 million by end of March 2014 though, I do buy that.

Every console sells 1 million units at christmas, even the Vita did it. So, it don´t have to be this steady, all it need is some nice boosts once in a while

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Even with a 1 million boost during the month of December 2013, the Wii U only sold 3.1 million from March 2012 to March 2013.

Nintendo's prediction of 3.6 million by end of March 2015 is pretty much in line with last years sales, even after taking MK8 and SSB into account, which makes 10 million by end of March 2015 seems reasonable.

Having said that, with all the promises of continual advertising, and the bundles and limited editions out there, there's always hope that we'll be in for a pleasant surprise, sales-wise.

Hedra42 said:
Even with a 1 million boost during the month of December 2013, the Wii U only sold 3.1 million from March 2012 to March 2013.

Nintendo's prediction of 3.6 million by end of March 2015 is pretty much in line with last years sales, even after taking MK8 and SSB into account, which makes 10 million by end of March 2015 seems reasonable.

Yes, but if MK8 can not move units, then Nintendo is better off not even trying anymore, don´t tell me Fzero or Star Fox could do the trick instead, cause I don´t buy it.

WagnerPaiv

don´t tell me Fzero or Star Fox could do the trick instead, cause I don´t buy it.

Did I say that?