By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - We all know Microsoft screwed up.

What was Microsoft's bigger mistake?

The DRM fiasco 253 30.01%

Forced Kinect and $100 price difference 305 36.18%

It wouldn't have mattere... 152 18.03%

I like turtles 128 15.18%

Total:838
Zadainie said:

The main issue was the DRM.No gamer is ready to go fully digital. Gamers prefer a physical copy of a game.

Edit

Also the Xbox One is a good console. But imo it would be much better without kinect.

As a gamer who is already 100% digital I have to say that the XBone is a joke. I have two platforms available to me that both do the job better and cost me less money.

Around the Network

I know majority of gamers prefer physical copies.Proof? Look what happened with the DRM policies that microsoft were going to implement.Look at the physical sales compared to digital sales.The backlash they recieved  was overwhelming.PC digital download have soared because of Steam.There is no accurate source to track digiatal sales.But tell when when has Digital games been more popular or sold more than physical copies?

Careful dude Xbox fanbase will wage a war against you.LOL

We all know once the PS4 was priced at a reasonable $399, it didn't matter wth MS did. Although a more expensive , less powerful console added to the sales battering it's getting now; In the long term PS4 was always going to outsell the X1. Just as a year late $599 PS3 ended the 7th gen ahead of the 360.

After 6 months we all know this thread is screwed up.

Around the Network

Short term, Kinect. Long term, potentially DRM (if they sticked with it).

KingdomHeartsFan said:

What do you mean just a controller?  A controller is one of the most important parts of a console and it got huge negative backlash just like the DRM policies.

The intent of each company is where these two stories differ. Sony wasn't trying to screw over consumers with the controller, but MS was with the DRM

Compared to the reception of the PS4, yeah. They screwed up. But is it really doing badly? I haven't checked sales since forever but I thought it got off to a great start. And at least in my home, Titanfall and Max Curse of the Brotherhood are played quite a bit. People are pretty happy with it, right?

tuscaniman99 said:
Zadainie said:

The main issue was the DRM.No gamer is ready to go fully digital. Gamers prefer a physical copy of a game.

Edit

Also the Xbox One is a good console. But imo it would be much better without kinect.

By no gamer I assume you mean yourself? I know plenty of people going digital including myself and some of my friends. 99.9% of people on PC are digital as well.

I actually prefer physical copies by far but somehow I wound up owning everything digitally on Xbox One so far.  I don't own a single disc.  I'm a little shocked by this.

Where's the "all of the above" option?