By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official E3 Microsoft Conference 2014 -It's Happened!!! Rate The Conference

Rate MS' E3 Conference!

10 74 14.68%

9 29 5.75%

8 63 12.50%

7 114 22.62%

6 84 16.67%

5 50 9.92%

4 19 3.77%

3 18 3.57%

2 9 1.79%

1 30 5.95%

Total:490
iceland said:
gooch_destroyer said:
"That was MS' most boring conference in history. 90 minutes of stale sequels, boring gameplay demonstrations, and CG trailers for a few exclusives.

It is nice that they only showed games, but they did it in the most college professor lecture way, that Sony does most of their conferences.

Surprises? A couple. But 95% of the conference was already public knowledge.

Only thing worth mentioning is the SunSet Overdrive gameplay & Crackdown 3."

-Blackbuster

heh Blackbuster, what a joke.

You know you love him.

Around the Network

Hey, couldn't watch the conference and didn't hear about anything yet. Does anybody know a link where I can watch the whole conference?

gooch_destroyer said:

You know you love him.

Not really, anyone that prides themselves as being the number one anti-Xbox channel, stalks Xbox groups for drama, and debates dumb ass fanboys is too heavily invested in console wars. 

PDF said:
Phil Spencer interview on GT was great. Handled himself well in face of some tough questions. Didn't expect Keighly to ask him about multiplats looking better on PS4.

He grilled Mattrick too and made him say some stupid shit lol

But yeah Phil held his own.

crissindahouse said:

Hey, couldn't watch the conference and didn't hear about anything yet. Does anybody know a link where I can watch the whole conference?

It'll probably be a little while longer until anyone uploads the whole conference.  I'd check back later/tomorrow.

If you're interested in seeing a blow-by-blow account of what was announced, you can check all the videos uploaded 1 hour ago on the Xbox Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/xbox/videos

Obviously, it's not the whole conference though and doesn't have any of the chatter in between (but you're not really missing out on much because there wasn't a whole lot).

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
Well, let me start with the good:

I think the format they went with for this presentation was excellent. Absolutely outstanding, and made most previous E3 presentations look positively archaic by comparison. Excellent job on that.

I'm not really crazy about it. The whole thing moved too quickly and so felt like one long sizzle reel. I think they could have afforded to slow down and show some of the games and their features in depth. But instead EVERYTHING WAS CGI™ interspersed with random developers and B-list celebrities talking about Atari games. Bleh.

PDF said:
Phil Spencer interview on GT was great. Handled himself well in face of some tough questions. Didn't expect Keighly to ask him about multiplats looking better on PS4.

That's what journalism is. Ask the hard questions

I give it a 6, i feel like it was a solid conference, lots of games and not much blabla on the bright side.

BUT DAMN this really lacked diversity and variety in content ! Gunfights and swords everywhere, over 1h of explosion and blood is all i can remember, sorry it's reductive for the gamers if it's how Microsoft see us !
No sport, no kinect, not much or not at all plateforme games, reflexion games, no poetry, nothing really new...

And then the other negative thing is, so much trailers for so few gameplay !

manny10032 said:
PDF said:

That's what journalism is. Ask the hard questions

Yeah, and yet people give Goeff so much shit, when he is one of the few high profile guys who do it.

Just realised there was no Rare