By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo response to Tomodachi gay issue... me happy :)

BaldrSkies said:
When the Japanese game released, there was a "bug" allowing two male characters to have a child.

The game was thereafter nicknamed Homodachi Collection in Japan.

It seems Nintendo has changed this now...

Yeah, when you transfared a Mii from the Wii channel, the game would ...kind of....glitch the sex of the mii and you were able to marry someone of your own gender which could corrupt your save .

Around the Network
gatito said:
Valdney said:
Nintendo is right. They should never ever put anything gay related in their games. It would damage the brand so bad, it wouldn´t be funny.

For thier own good, I hope they stay that way.

They are not in this business to convince people that it is ok for people of the same sex to get married.

Just wait until they reveal that Mario and Luigi are not actually brothers.

Hahaha.

BasilZero said:

A company who is developing the game has every right to make the game however they want - you dont like it? Dont buy it.

The choice of how a game is developed should not be forseen as an attack against a group - there's far better or per say worse examples in the real world.

CNN and other news sites if any are just trying to get cheap hits. This is the same news network which had BREAKING NEWS: Malaysian Government says they dont know where the plane is, day 38 (even though they've said it over a dozen times for the other 100+ articles they've made) - probably ran out of hits for the airplane news so their blowing this up.

-_-.

Leave politics out of video games and the let the designs design the game the way they want!

No, they can't. Do you want to see a game where you can rape and kill little children? 

Obviously there need to be some rules as to what games can't and can do. 

aikohualda said:
sales2099 said:
Question: Is this the stance of the Japanese people/government in general?

Im from Canada, and everything is tolerated and accepted here lol. But I am unsure if other countries are on a similar page.

unfortunately most of the countries outside canada is not as tolerable or acceptable... canadian maple rocks!

It is not even about exceptance. THis is just a game and I support Nintendo for not allowing it. Let's be honest, it is not natural and kids are a big part of Nintendo's fan base as well as families (man + woman + child) so it is also a business decision from the start. Everything can not cater to every typr of persoon anyway.

GoldenGamer said:
aikohualda said:
sales2099 said:
Question: Is this the stance of the Japanese people/government in general?

Im from Canada, and everything is tolerated and accepted here lol. But I am unsure if other countries are on a similar page.

unfortunately most of the countries outside canada is not as tolerable or acceptable... canadian maple rocks!

It is not even about exceptance. THis is just a game and I support Nintendo for not allowing it. Let's be honest, it is not natural and kids are a big part of Nintendo's fan base as well as families (man + woman + child) so it is also a business decision from the start. Everything can not cater to every typr of persoon anyway.

Homosexuality is not natural yet occurs with every living animal in the world. :facepalm:

Some people need to be banned here. 

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
Boutros said:
Anfebious said:
Nintendo doesn't want to face controversy. Their image is that of a family friendly brand and including this would cause some serious controversy. It's not like same sex marriage isn't accepted but let's face it, the media would be all over a Nintendo game letting you have same sex marriage and that's what Nintendo is trying to avoid.

Besides, we are talking about a game here. I tihnk there is no need to make such a big deal over something so petty as a game.

You think the media would be against Nintendo for that?

Not the media exactly but controversy would reach the media eventually and that would be bad for Nintendo. Say a father buys his son this game and finds out that his boy was playing a game where he is married to a male avatar. He could begin a scandal about it and it could reach the media.

As I said they just want to avoid controversy and this their way of avoiding it.

It's not thrown in your face. His son would have to actually want to date another male and then maybe that says something about him that his father should start to deal with.

If you can't deal with life, don't play a life simulator.

Edit: Apparently relationships are randomized in the game so at some point you would have to choose what sex you want to date.

Boutros said:
Valdney said:
Nintendo is right. They should never ever put anything gay related in their games. It would damage the brand so bad, it wouldn´t be funny.

They are not in this business to convince people that it is ok for people of the same sex to get married.

So now it's not only about marriage but about "anything gay related"?

It sure didn't hurt the Sims brand or the Mass Effect brand so whatever you say.

Tomodachi Collection´s dating mechanics are very different. The game randomly decides a character who falls in love with you / vice versa  ...and you basically don´t have all that much control over it.

It would honestly require quite a bit of reprogramming to assign different sex preferences into the game and make everything far more complicated .

Note: I´m not against the inclusion of homosexulity... TL is just quite a bit different from ...like everything else on the market.

BasilZero said:
Samus Aran said:
BasilZero said:

A company who is developing the game has every right to make the game however they want - you dont like it? Dont buy it.

The choice of how a game is developed should not be forseen as an attack against a group - there's far better or per say worse examples in the real world.

CNN and other news sites if any are just trying to get cheap hits. This is the same news network which had BREAKING NEWS: Malaysian Government says they dont know where the plane is, day 38 (even though they've said it over a dozen times for the other 100+ articles they've made) - probably ran out of hits for the airplane news so their blowing this up.

-_-.

Leave politics out of video games and the let the designs design the game the way they want!

No, they can't. Do you want to see a game where you can rape and kill little children? 

Obviously there need to be some rules as to what games can't and can do. 

So not adding in a option for something like this is considered to be the same as adding rape and murder of little ones? Ok.

Can. Not must. There's no rule for the topic at hand either.

(I'm sure there are games that do depict that....that arent in the west and in the E, T, M rating :P)

I heard Japan has rape simulators, but if the West allows games like GTA V it's really hypocritical to be against a rape simulation game. Murder is just as bad if not worse than rape. 

But I never heard of such a game involving little children. And such a thing wouldn't be possible in the West anyway. 

I never compared same sex relation with murder and rape by the way, I just commented on one particular thing you said. I even bolded it. 

orniletter said:
Boutros said:
Valdney said:

So now it's not only about marriage but about "anything gay related"?

It sure didn't hurt the Sims brand or the Mass Effect brand so whatever you say.

Tomodachi Collection´s dating mechanics are very different. The game randomly decides a character who falls in love with you / vice versa  ...and you basically don´t have all that much control over it.

It would honestly require quite a bit of reprogramming to assign different sex preferences into the game and make everything far more complicated .

Note: I´m not against the inclusion of homosexulity... TL is just quite a bit different from ...like everything else on the market.

Oh I didn't know that. Hmm..

SIGH.............................WTF Why does it have to concern Nintendo when it comes to applying a social topic like same sex marriage?! It's just a game. What's next, asking a song writer to write a love song about straights AND gays because not doing so omits them and so it makes it wrong?

(end rant)

Listen I'm all for equality for same sex but this is not the place to enforce such views when it clearly it's for entertainment only. & This is not about Nintendo doing whats right. It's not about conforming to what society thinks is right. It's about making something (a game like this) the way you want it to be without being persecuted.

Just because somebody makes a game where you can't date the same sex, doesn't automatically make them a bad person or makes them feel like they're leaving out a certain group. That's just putting words into their mouths (which are what these people are doing just to feel entitled).