By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo response to Tomodachi gay issue... me happy :)

bouzane said:
Kane1389 said:
bouzane said:
Kane1389 said:
bouzane said:
Kane1389 said:
curl-6 said:
DolPhanTendo said:

Do have any clue what a right is? A right is being able to walk down the street without getting assualted or beating by any man or government, not forcing someone to change a game or a make them a cake. Go play SIMs or Go to another store that will make the cake

Gays are frequently beaten up and assaulted in the streets for being gay.

Only when they run their mouth too much by insulting and disrespecting the general population. No one is attacking them just for being what they are. They are being attacked because they believe they are allowed to take a shit on people's beliefs,culture, religion and tradition 

Do you read the nonsense you type before you post it?

I waz just telling the truth like it is, sorry if it doesn't fit with your mary little world

Sorry but you are living in a fantasy world. At no point in my life have I encountered any member of the LGBT community "take a shit on people's beliefs,culture, religion and tradition". However, I have encountered these people being disrespected, excluded and discriminated against simply because of their orientations. Again, you are posting some of the most asinine nonsense I have ever read on this forum.

My experience is  the exact opposite on this issue, especially on the internet.  What i find especially amusing is when people like you like to act like  tolerant, open minded 'progressive' freedom fighters, and yet you never miss a chnace to openly insult, attack or disrespect Christian religion or just religious people (much like you think I did to gays in this thread) in general, like I saw you doing in that other thread about a gay teen dude in highschool. And whats really amazing is that you actually think you're any better than 'the bigots' you like to feel morally superior to and fail to see enormous irony in that

News flash ignoramus, my liberty has been repeatedly attacked by religious organizations. I take every opportunity to point out the fact that these organizations still oppose my rights because they harm me and the people I love for no reason. I am better than the bigots I ridicule because I have done nothing to hurt them beyond saying disrespectful things whereas they oppose my right to marry and adopt (among other things). If you feel that I am being unfair tough, I don't care if you hate people who are progressive and I don't care if you label me a freedom fighter. Such a regressive attitude is utterly disgusting and I have no problem with calling people out for their religious or conservative nonsense.

Additionally, your statement that "Only when they run their mouth too much by insulting and disrespecting the general population. No one is attacking them just for being what they are. They are being attacked because they believe they are allowed to take a shit on people's beliefs,culture, religion and tradition" is still one of the dumbest things I have ever had the misfortune of reading on this forum. You must be extremely sheltered to have never witnessed disriminatory behaviour directed at homosexuals.

Edit: Damn right I am morally superior, I may be disrespectful (rightfully so) but I have never infringed upon the liberties of others. Therefore I am indeed superior to any individual who has opposed a civil rights movement such as marriage equality. I hope my mean old comments are not interpreted as an actual, material attack upon the freedoms of religious individuals for that seems to be causing some confusion. If you take words typed onto a forum to be as great of a threat to liberty as actively preventing marriage and adoption than you are insane.

Around the Network
ClassicalSaxophonist said:
forethought14 said:
ClassicalSaxophonist said:
I'm glad that same-sex "marriage" is not in this game. It would have been a big mistake to include it.

Marriage is between one man and one woman.

Why would it be a mistake? Marriage is not always a religious ceremony you know. Marriage through a Church for some people in Abrahamic Religions prefer marriage to be among a man and woman (according to their scriptures), but marriage doesn't have to be "religious" at all. The concept of marriage was practiced by many civilizations long before the supposed scriptural writings, which I'm assuming you're beliefs of marriage come from. Unless you believe nonreligious marriages must also follow "rules" set by certain writings as well.... 

It's true that marriage was practiced before the Scriptures were wrtten. However, that doesn't matter. God intended for marriage to be between one man and one woman in the beginning, long before the first book of the Old Testament was written. Just because it wasn't recorded in the Scriptures until later does not mean that it isn't true. 

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 says that if I rape a virgin woman she is forced to marry me. Now, it also says that I am to pay the father 50 shekels of silver to compensate him for the loss of his property. As I do not have 50 shekels of silver may I offer an alternative payment or would that displease God?

bouzane said:

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 says that if I rape a virgin woman she is forced to marry me. Now, it also says that I am to pay the father 50 shekels of silver to compensate him for the loss of his property. As I do not have 50 shekels of silver may I offer an alternative payment or would that displease God?

You do not understand those verses. A raped woman was not forced to marry the man who raped her. Please see the Father Haydock Bible commentary  on it.

Ver. 29. Life. A law nearly similar occurs, Exodus xxii. 16, (Haydock) only there Moses speaks of seduction. (Menochius) --- If the father or the woman refused their consent to the marriage, the person had only to pay 50 sicles; which the woman received, if her father was not alive. But if they consented, the person who had been condemned by the judge, was bound to marry the woman, how deformed soever. (Selden, Uxor. i. 16.) (Calmet)

Here's an article on the topic: http://www.ncregister.com/blog/jimmy-akin/does-god-expect-women-to-marry-their-rapists

Please read it. And please don't make such comments again. 

Basic concert band instruments: piccolo, flute, oboe, bassoon, clarinet, bass clarinet, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, horn, trumpet, trombone, euphonium, tuba, double bass, and percussion. 

curl-6 said:
Kane1389 said:
curl-6 said:

Oh please, it's obvious from your word use what your feelings are on the matter. "Running their mouth", "taking a shit on their culture and beliefs", etc. 

See, there you go again. You assumen bullshit because it fits your agenda without actually supporting it with any actual statement. You really have no grasp on the concept of debating beyond ''NAW, YOU'RE WROONG!!!'' 

''Word use''? Are you kidding me?

Sorry but "I'd be okay with any form of discrimination, not just racial" doesn't get you off the hook. You would be okay with store owners being able to refuse service to African Americans. You are clearly okay with people being physically assaulted because of their sexual orientation.

Except that it does when you specifically accuse me of racism. People shouldnt be allowed to discriminate on a juristicinal or lawfull level. They should be allowed to discriminate on in individual, private level. I, in no way support discrimination of any kind, but I do support people's right to believe in whatever they want and deal buisness with whomever they want, regardless how I personally feel about their choices. Now, I know that this is a hard concept to grasp for such an open minded, tolerant individual like yourself, but please understand that you do not have the right to be served by a private service provider FOR ANY REASON at all.

People like you are the reason there's so much injustice and inequality in the world, and your kind will be remembered the same way we now remember those who opposed interracial marriage decades ago.

Really? I didnt know I had such influence on the world. Nah, its actually easly manipulative, media-driven, self loathing, authority dependent, morally bankrupt, ''special-snowflake''-syndrome people like you that are bringing western society to shit

Word use does convey attitude; yours was obvious.

I know my own attitude better than you, especially when you're just relentlessly assuming crap just to berate me because once again, you  have no actual arguments.

Empowering people to discriminate is a terrible idea, laws need to be in place to prevent inequality, not license it.

''Empowering'' would be if you allow the law enforcment and goverment institutions to discriminate. I explicitly said I was against that. I said I believe people should have the right to choose for whom to work and for whom not to work for, FOR AYN reason they see fit. To force them to do otherwise, would be to promote slavery.

And I am neither self-loathing, (I quite like myself) media driven, (I have a journalism postgrad and am well aware of how the media works

and as for morally bankrupt, that's rather laughable; since when does favouring fairness and equality make someone morally bankrupt? Excusing discrimination and persecuting people for their orientation, THAT is morally bankrupt.

No, favoring  forcing people to work against thier own beliefs or to shut them down otherwise is morally bankrupt. And I didnt persecute anyone, what the hell are you talking about?

That's good for you! Everyone deserve to be happy.

Around the Network

Yeah, this thread's probably run its course.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.