By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Destiny, Watch dogs, FFXV and The Last guardian will flop. [UPDATE]

ktay95 said:
Who invited Sleepytard back to the site -_-
I thought we had gotten rid of him for good =(

Sleepytard? Wow that is a very peculiar name for him. I think i is quite fitting though!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
badgenome said:
Sleepyprince said:
But you're right. To me a flop would be :

- 3 millions copies sold all plateform combined for Watch dogs.
- 300 000 copies sold for TLG.
- 4 millions copies sold all plateform combined for Destiny.
- 2 millions copies sold all plateform combined for FFXV.

I really don't see any of those games doing worse than that. They should all easily clear those marks.

Realistically I would triple these numbers to get a pretty good estimation of what they will actually do.

Barozi said:

Realistically I would triple these numbers to get a pretty good estimation of what they will actually do.

That sounds about right to me.

Titanfall is the fastest selling next gen game and hasn't even seen one holiday season yet.

You basically called every next gen out there a flop.

Last Guardian is the only one I could really see flopping, because if it is disappointing its smaller market won't buy. I could see it maybe selling 2.3 million at the highest possible end, though I think it would be a hard road to get that far. That would be successful. If it flops I'd call that quite possible and below 700k LT. 

I doubt it will release, though. 

Around the Network

Still trying to find sentence that's not completely wrong.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

You're insane if you think FFXV will flop.

vivster said:
Still trying to find sentence that's not completely wrong.

I found one " Shadow of the colossus a true, real f***ing master piece "....That's just about it.

People that do flop threads like this should define how much sales = a flop before continuing on with their opinions... Cause to me, anything above 1-2 million lifetime (depending on the game) is considered a success and most of those games will probably do over 2 million except for The Last Guardian

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

People that do flop threads like this should define how much sales = a flop before continuing on with their opinions... Cause to me, anything above 1-2 million lifetime (depending on the game) is considered a success and most of those games will probably do over 2 million except for The Last Guardian

I think a flop would be a failure to meet accounting numbers. That would make a game/franchise unviable for sequels.

And honestly, TLG would be probably the game that would reach 2 mil the fastest. I say it due to the fact that it is known and awaited by numerous PS owners worldwide.