By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Destiny, Watch dogs, FFXV and The Last guardian will flop. [UPDATE]

gamemaster4747 said:
FFXV will sell millions. Watchdogs looks very boring, but will sell well. Destiny will be a major success. The last guardian is the most interesting.

For the most part, I think you are incorrect. Your manner of speech is crude and immature.

I'm really afraid The Last Guardian will be like GT5. We waited so long for it and got dissapointed, at least I was. :/

Once you entered you won't be the same anymore. A blog about life.

http://seetheworlddifferent.wordpress.com/

Around the Network

I don't get your reasoning with Destiny. "I don't think FPS could make it big on the next generation again".

There is literally no reason to think that. It was the biggest genre of the last gen and it is currently the biggest genre of this gen (Call of Duty is the best selling next gen game; Killzone is the best selling PS4 exclusive and Titanfall is looking to do the same for Xbox One), and it will continue being the most popular genre for quite some time on consoles.

Furthermore, the game is being developed by Bungie and published by Activision, creators of one of the most successful video game franchises. With that being said, the marketing budget on this game is huge. This game will sell like gangbusters.

I think Watch_Dogs will be a huge hit on PS4. It will sell significantly less on Xbox One, PC and Wii U by comparison. This is because of the marketing that Watch Dogs has, where they only sometimes mention the other platforms. Back in November, there were people at my local gamestop who thought Watch_Dogs was a PS4 exclusive and I could not blame them. All the posters in my local store showed only the PS4 logo.

As for The Last Guardian, you would have to explain what a flop in that scenario is. Is a flop anything less than 3 million? 5 million? 10 million? You're putting TLG in the same boat as some of the most expensive games in the industry (Watch Dogs and Destiny). IMO, if it sells 2 million +, it is a huge financial success for that game.

Again, when people make these kinds of threads, I feel like they should explain what a flop means in context of the game. TLG  is not an expensive game and doesn't have to do big numbers to be a success.

Fusioncode said:
You lost me when you called Titanfall a flop.

2.5 million plus sales in less than 2 months, a flop? Its like dude, do you even think. 

Only Last Guardian could flop the rest are already a success in pre-orders and FFXV will sell on name alone like FF13 did except is not going to be garbage since Nomura is directing it.

Some terrible predictions lately on this site, look at currect trends before writing people.

daredevil.shark said:
golfgt170 said:
daredevil.shark said:

Remember Final fantasy XIII E3 trailer? The way lightning fight in the trailer seemed like gameplay. But in reality it was a video.

Still it sold 7million. I think this is success, not flop.

It sold under FF name. People were waiting for a long time. How much did the sequels sold combined? Not much. FF is dead.

Yup, just like it was after X-2 and Dirge of Cerberus. Let's judge the franchise by its spin-offs sales.

Around the Network

"2.5 million plus sales in less than 2 months, a flop? Its like dude, do you even think. "

i'm a PS4 owner, never liked Xbox, but Titanfall is amazing for a FPS. So, yes 2,5 millions is a flop to me for this kind of game. It the only interesting next gen title available now and still it struggles to reach Tomb Raider past-gen sales, wich was a comercial failure for SE before reaching 5 millions copies sold.

"Again, when people make these kinds of threads, I feel like they should explain what a flop means in context of the game. TLG is not an expensive game and doesn't have to do big numbers to be a success."

SOTC was an expensive game. Don't see why it would be different for TLG.

But you're right. To me a flop would be :

- 3 millions copies sold all plateform combined for Watch dogs.
- 300 000 copies sold for TLG.
- 4 millions copies sold all plateform combined for Destiny.
- 2 millions copies sold all plateform combined for FFXV.

No idea where this idea of Destiny flopping is suddenly coming from, it's going to be massive.

The only one of those listed that could flop is The Last Guardian, as it is not something casual gamers would pick up. It would be very dependent on quality, more so than the others, but if it reviewed well the 'hardcore' would lap it up like Dark Souls

I cannot see watchdogs and destiny flop...other 2 yes

chance of flop:
Destiny .08% - not much of a chance..
Watchdogs 5% -hype was down since pushed back
FFXV 50%
Last guardian 50%

Praise the One.

Sleepyprince said:
"2.5 million plus sales in less than 2 months, a flop? Its like dude, do you even think. "

i'm a PS4 owner, never liked Xbox, but Titanfall is amazing for a FPS. So, yes 2,5 millions is a flop to me for this kind of game. It the only interesting next gen title available now and still it struggles to reach Tomb Raider past-gen sales, wich was a comercial failure for SE before reaching 5 millions copies sold.

I'm sorry but I won't ever read or particpate on your threads again.

Comparing Titanfall which was a game marketed mostly for X1 with 4 million consoles sold, to Tomb Raider on all platforms available today?

TR reached 5 million this year with X1 and PS4 sales. Titanfall X1 numbers already superseded Tomb Raider X360 numbers.

QuintonMcLeod said:
golfgt170 said:

Watch dogs total preorders as of 3rd May:

Ps4: 295k
Xone: 202k
X360: 128k
Ps3: 117k
= 742k
And that's only for US, so:

flop confirmed

Edit, forgot PC version: 55k

=797k

Still a flop imo

Preorders have never equated to game sales, my friend.

True, but a game with lets say 1mill preorders, doesn't sell let's say 50k on opening :)