By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the biggest meltdown in gaming history?

It's funny you should ask- I made a Top 10 on this exact topic a while back

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network

bayonetta 2 so far has had a few meltdown and suicide threats lol

Cobretti2 said:
bayonetta 2 so far has had a few meltdown and suicide threats lol

Lol, exactly, any time some new details or videos come to light there the meltdowns and threats are. 

Gnac said:
curl-6 said:

Bayonetta 2 going to Wii U was also a disproportionately big meltdown considering the franchise isn't exactly Final Fantasy or COD in terms of sales.

Some people are still melting about it, too.

Oh yes. That was/is one of the best too.

curl-6 said:

Bayonetta 2 going to Wii U was also a disproportionately big meltdown considering the franchise isn't exactly Final Fantasy or COD in terms of sales.

I have to go with this one since it's really the only one I experienced first hand. I only started to pay attention to all the behind-the-scenes stuff when I joined this site.

Bayonetta 2 was, and still is, ridiculous and embarrassing. The announcement and resulting fallout demonstrated just how childish and selfish video game fans can be.

Around the Network

I'd say XboxOne DRM a d first reveal

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Bayonetta will always have that it sold better than Lightning Returns I guess. Lol.

Of course Square making FF7 not on N64. I can't imagine what the outrage would've been if the internet had been like today, seriously. FFXIII is nothing compared to that.

DonFerrari said:
Goatseye said:
I wouldn't mind people that down play games for futile reasons. You should do the same if you don't mind my suggestion.

I don't mind them (even more on genres I don't have interest).

Hope you have been enjoying your TF while it's hot... do you think it will keep kicking when new CoD and/or TF2 release?

You know how gaming scenario is always changing. If Halo 5 or 2 anniversary comes out hot TF will lose players.

However, COD will only suck back FPS gamers if they're next installment is dramatically better/different in terms of gameplay.

FF13 multi. Every gaming site crashed. Also a supposed suicide. Dont know how true it is though

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=1018388

FF7 to PS1. If the internet was mainstream at the time. OMG, Nintendo fans would have died.

Loads of mini meltdowns when most 360 exclusives started becoming multi. People were like well the game wasnt that good anyway. It was soo funny at the time

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st