By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the biggest meltdown in gaming history?

curl-6 said:

Bayonetta 2 going to Wii U was also a disproportionately big meltdown considering the franchise isn't exactly Final Fantasy or COD in terms of sales.

Yeah the reaction to B2 was huge in comparison to the size of the player base for the game. Probably wins as "biggest meltdown over a franchise no one played".

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
curl-6 said:

Bayonetta 2 going to Wii U was also a disproportionately big meltdown considering the franchise isn't exactly Final Fantasy or COD in terms of sales.

Was a niche and hypocrite meltdown... how can people complain about it going to WiiU since that was the only way for the game to be released since a lot of people didn't bought it originally (but since WiiU is in low sale I wouldn't doubt it being temporary exclusive).

I doubt that since Nintendo are funding and publishing it, but that's a whole other can of worms.

My  point was, as binary solo eloquently put it, it was a very vocal meltdown considering the first game wasn't super popular.

DonFerrari said:

As most humans that love that others think like them because they think they are right and know more... Or just because if more tought like you X1 would sell more and you would love that... I still don't see how that connects with me can't stand X1 having TF or the meltdowns it allegedly created...

I would say it not selling 3M X1 on less than 1 month as some expected created more meltdowns than just it being exclusive to X1 have created meltdowns. Watch the video that curl posted and you will see a meltdown. What you think is a meltdown was nothing at all, actually bungie leaving MS were a lot bigger than TF and many X1 followers said Destiny would suck just because they were pissed of bungie leaving.

Bungie leaving MS had no impact at all. What people got annoyed by, is Bungie announcing betas for Sony platforms and not MS's. Pretty pathetic feeling now that I think of it but it was nothing major. Look at pre-order numbers.

I said Destiny would suck many times, because the E3 gameplay and classes reveal footage were a drag. I won't get in detail about the gameplay mechanics but as a FPS lover, I can recognize greatness and I didn't see none in Destiny.

This has nothing to do with Bungie as an ex-MS studio.

curl-6 said:
DonFerrari said:
curl-6 said:

Was a niche and hypocrite meltdown... how can people complain about it going to WiiU since that was the only way for the game to be released since a lot of people didn't bought it originally (but since WiiU is in low sale I wouldn't doubt it being temporary exclusive).

I doubt that since Nintendo are funding and publishing it, but that's a whole other can of worms.

My  point was, as binary solo eloquently put it, it was a very vocal meltdown considering the first game wasn't super popular.

Sure is funny to see people complain about the change of platform for a game they didn't support... Okami have a ittle of this as well.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Goatseye said:
DonFerrari said:

As most humans that love that others think like them because they think they are right and know more... Or just because if more tought like you X1 would sell more and you would love that... I still don't see how that connects with me can't stand X1 having TF or the meltdowns it allegedly created...

I would say it not selling 3M X1 on less than 1 month as some expected created more meltdowns than just it being exclusive to X1 have created meltdowns. Watch the video that curl posted and you will see a meltdown. What you think is a meltdown was nothing at all, actually bungie leaving MS were a lot bigger than TF and many X1 followers said Destiny would suck just because they were pissed of bungie leaving.

Bungie leaving MS had no impact at all. What people got annoyed by, is Bungie announcing betas for Sony platforms and not MS's. Pretty pathetic feeling now that I think of it but it was nothing major. Look at pre-order numbers.

I said Destiny would suck many times, because the E3 gameplay and classes reveal footage were a drag. I won't get in detail about the gameplay mechanics but as a FPS lover, I can recognize greatness and I didn't see none in Destiny.

This has nothing to do with Bungie as an ex-MS studio.

But a lot of X1 supporters were pissed at bungie for leaving and for the support of exclusive content on PS4. And I also don't care for the game since I don't enjoy FPS. Don't take yourself as a rule for others.

Even tough the meltdown on Bungie side and TF are more or less equivalent and weren't really important. Bayonetta as said by curl were funnier.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

But a lot of X1 supporters were pissed at bungie for leaving and for the support of exclusive content on PS4. And I also don't care for the game since I don't enjoy FPS. Don't take yourself as a rule for others.

Even tough the meltdown on Bungie side and TF are more or less equivalent and weren't really important. Bayonetta as said by curl were funnier.

My word is not a rule for the Xbox communtiy but your wrod is right?

I didn't just say many gamers this and that. I can tell you also that the pre-order number is actually higher on MS platforms than Sony.

Goatseye said:
DonFerrari said:

My word is not a rule for the Xbox communtiy but your wrod is right?

I didn't just say many gamers this and that. I can tell you also that the pre-order number is actually higher on MS platforms than Sony.

Didn't said my word is right... I said that just because you considered the game would be bad for other reasons (not being pissed over the betrayal) don't mean others didn't tought it. Because I have saw some people here indicating the game would suck and biggest reason was being butthurt, and by some other person comment even in the bungie community people were saying it.

The pre-order number is probably related to Bungie being better now for MS fans than Sony.

I wouldn't mind people that down play games for futile reasons. You should do the same if you don't mind my suggestion.

The removal of OtherOS / Linux from the PS3 caused the biggest meltdown.

George Hotz felt justified to hack and publish the encryption keys as reprisal.
Sony targeting hackers for prosecuting in court stirred up Anonymous.
Lulzsec former part of Anonymous hacked PSN in 2011, which went down for a month with 70 million accounts stolen.
Which led to Sony being questioned by different government agencies around the world, several lawsuits and fines, and an estimated 171 million dollar loss.

Boutros said:
FFXIII going multiplatform.

This, undoubtedly.