By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox / Insomniac release official Sunset Overdrive Gameplay Debut Trailer, Looks HOTT!!!!

Are you Hyped for Sunset Overdrive?!

Yes, looks amazing 126 60.58%

No, not my kind of game 26 12.50%

Maybe, still not sure 34 16.35%

I want to be but don't have an Xbox One 21 10.10%

Total:207

Oh man, that game looks so gooood. Since it is a franchise, I hope it will be brought to PS4 eventually, but I'm not holding my breath.

It makes DR3 looks so bad in comparison.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

It's a little slower than I was hoping for. Somehow I think I imagined much faster traversal game-play. Also I'd have concerns about the replay value of the game. Certainly an online component would add a lot, they showed another player in the initial CG trailer, so it could be a lot of fun exploring and killing in a sandbox style environment with another player.

Asides from that, regardless of platform, I just have my doubts about Insomniac. They always seem to nail certain things really well, while overlooking other areas completely.

jlmurph2 said:
TarHeeLsALLday said:
Looks awful. Makes me happy I sold my Xbone seeing that this is the kind of crap MS has in store.

Lol shall we refer to the reason your thread got locked? 

I was a blind Xbot in denial over purchasing an Xbone. I tried to justify it until I couldn't do it anymore.

Looks great. Insomniac may see a comeback with this.

kupomogli said:
I didn't like the art style so I had no interest when watching the first video, but after seeing gameplay, while I still don't like the art style, I think the game looks great. It pretty much looks like Infamous 2, just with guns instead of super powers.

Seems Xbox fans are a bit luckier with Insomniac than Sony fans. Insomniac was mostly pathetic last gen when developing games for Sony. First exclusive on the Xbox One and it looks pretty amazing.

I dunno, I think they did a pretty good job with the Ratchet series and Resistance 1 was good. They stuck to their guns and did well with the Ratchet and Clank Future games and tried something new with Resistance and it resonated well at first, but 2 and 3 were lackluster to me. Insomniac should stick to what they know (which is why I think think R2 and 3 were mediocre and Fuse was panned). With Sunset Overdrive, it looks like they're going back to what they know. And if that's the case, this is gonna be a great game.

Around the Network
Dallinor said:
It's a little slower than I was hoping for. Somehow I think I imagined much faster traversal game-play. Also I'd have concerns about the replay value of the game. Certainly an online component would add a lot, they showed another player in the initial CG trailer, so it could be a lot of fun exploring and killing in a sandbox style environment with another player.

Asides from that, regardless of platform, I just have my doubts about Insomniac. They always seem to nail certain things really well, while overlooking other areas completely.

This, I was expecting much faster, more frantic and over the top game play. Honestly, when watching the combat section, it looked just like Ratchet and Clank to me. 

Looks really nice. As always Insomniac excels at making cool weapons.

Edit: It looks like it combines elements from inFamous and Dead Rising.

I find it strange how everyone acts like Insomniac is this awful developer now. Have they had some misses? Yes FUSE was a truly awful game.

But this is also the studio that released Crack in Time, a fantastic game. And this game looks like Insomniac finally realized what they are good at and are going all in. Personally I think it looks like the absolute best of Insomniac rolled into one title.

Necromunda said:
Dallinor said:

This, I was expecting much faster, more frantic and over the top game play. Honestly, when watching the combat section, it looked just like Ratchet and Clank to me. 

Isn't that a good thing?  

Looks real nice, though I don't quite care for that particular art direction. Not sure from the gameplay video how open the world is, or is it more of a linear experience, but it looks fun enough.