By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How does Nintendo possibly post a profit next fiscal year?

no more los on the wii u and all is fine for nintendo...

Around the Network

Squirtle Squirtle (The same way the big companies face their problems! ... ... ... Sell a building or two and you are done!)

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Nintendo's strategy of communicating WiiU's value and future releases is beyond terrible. There's no game with a set date after MK8 comes out. We don't even know what other games may make it in 2014,

I was taking a look at one of the reports from Nintendo which shows the amount of new games each console got per year since 1984 and 2014 migt be the poorest year yet, with the info we have so far. Only 2 games in the first half, and if we are generous and say Nintendo increases their output in 100%, they will have another 4 games, which takes the total to 6, and makes the worst 3rd year in amount of games BY FAR.

No one can be happy about a console that doesn't have a certain future, doesn't have solid release dates for the few known games, and doesn't have any news about new games being developed.

It's frustrating for us gamers, shareholders, publishers and retailers.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I suppose if hardware p remains stable, the cost of manufacturing could be going down, thus removing the cost per unit factor. And with more hardware in the wild, that would improve even older software, not to mention giants like MK8 and Smash Bros for both the Wii U and 3DS, not to mention whatever else is coming this holiday.

Love and tolerate.

I doubt they will make a profit (operating) next year - the 3ds would have to reverse its downward sales trend and the Wii U would need to move a lot of hardware with even more software sales to go w it.

I just hope they don t start pulling games (announced and unannounced) from the Wii U future release schedule-

Nintendo has yet to make an effort re the Wii U - it has been a disappointing experience - there is a lot I lke about the Wii U but the library is thin w little diversity-

Around the Network

last year they forecast 9M, and shipped only 3.
So, they could have produced much more consoles than they shipped.
So, this year they have to produce very few consoles, regarding they will ship only 3.6 more wii Us.

I cant see softwares going anywhere near to pokemon xy this year. Maybe mario kart/ smash can reach MH4 or animal crossing levels, but nothing more. i dont see lots of incomings from software like last year.
It seems also they are not making a new console, in these condiction, to produce a new console would bring more loss than profit(they may be onlt in the ideas)

But my main worry is if they are producing new games. If not, what the developers teams are doing?
But this doubt can be answared in the E3. Lets wait.

Im hopefull for the wii U future.

Buy burying something in the desert and making a smash hit documentary about digging it back up?

There must be others incomes like licensing IP's or QoL.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Did they make a loss last year as well?

Anyway, I forsee another loss, WiiU is still losing money which is crazy.

Seece said:
Did they make a loss last year as well?

Anyway, I forsee another loss, WiiU is still losing money which is crazy.

This is the 3rd year in a row that Nintendo has made an operating loss. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!