By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW/SW April 26th up!

the big guns like amazon,gamespot,walmart ect constantly on the hour has the ps4 easily ahead on best selles list every single day.yet ps4 only outsells it in n.a by a couple of thousand after adjustments?

Around the Network

what is to argue about?

PS4 3.1m
ONE 2.8m US numbers

sony already got the job done reining in the 360 deficit,a couple of npd wins won't do much either way

I smell like the dark forest of Dwemereth in the morning mist                                                   fanboy til i'm bankrupt

sales2099 said:
GribbleGrunger said:
sales2099 said:

In the end, people are just seeing the numbers for what they are. When they are adjusted, so will the mindsets of the people that bragged before. Praising people who called foul, even if they turned out right, is just praising pessimism in general. Better to take the numbers as we see them and adjust ourselves accordingly "if" they are changed.

I'm sorry but that's very strange logic. Questioning the numbers based on trends to date and NPD results isn't 'pessimistic', it's logical thinking. Ignoring those trends and just automatically believing the numbers without question is narrow minded.

All that tells me is that certain people here now have a safety net to "always be right"/"be right even when wrong at the moment".

I agree with you sales. I see the numbers and take them for what they are. If they're adjusted, I take those for what they are. I don't know why some here just can't do that. Always with the "overtracked" or "undertracked".... Give it time, the real numbers always come out...

Jay70sgamer said:
Augen said:
Mummelmann said:
No big surprises here. Wii U more or less flat yoy, 3DS heavily down, PS4 holding quite well and the One is doing pretty good too. Vita riding on Japan, we'll see how it performs over the summer. 7th gen edging closer to extinction every month, by the time 2015 starts, there won't be much left between the PS3 and 360 but I'm guessing there are still folks who believe the PS3 can catch the Wii.

Much of that depends on secondary and tertiary markets. I think it will be close when all is done in coming years (PS3 and Wii within 2 million of each other).

Stop dreaming ...xbox and ps3 are not catching wii sorry they are 20 million consoles behind..they would have to sell 834,000 ps3 or 360s consoles a month for the next two years to catch the wii ....lol sorry "ain't gonna happen ..just being honest ....people lie numbers don't 

The PS2 going from 100M to 150M+ was 6 years, 5 of which was in the life of the PS3. I'm not saying the PS3 will sell another 20M, but if it's on the market as long as the PS2 was, it'll be close. Let's just say it stays at the pace it's on: roughly 45k a week. It'll do 2.2M a year. That's 13.2M over 6 years (if it stays on the market that long) which would put the PS3 at 95.1M. And that's just assuming the rate stays exactly the same, not factoring in the holidays or future price cuts. Give PS3 12-13 years on the market like the PS1 and 2 got, and it can reach the sales standards of its predecessors. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Talal said:

Fair enough then, but as soon as Amazon gets a month wrong you will admit that it isn't proof?

As long as Amazon stays 100% I guess it can be used for "proof" but when it gets a month wrong it's an "indication" not proof.

So your ratio for proving something is wrong is once out of never? I'd suggest 'once' would be an anomaly and doesn't in any way prove the theory wrong.

Ethomaz only has like 4 months of data that he is going off of.  So if it is wrong next month, for example, his percentage would go down from 100% to 80%.  Thats a big drop. There is not enough data for one wrong month to be considered an anomaly.  

Plus, talal said it would become an indication instead of absolute proof, which is true.  You cant be 100% without always being right.  Maybe once he has some more months to back it up, but it wont happen.  Soon there will be too many bundles out there and it will be impossible to keep track of every system sold on amazon.  

As it is, it is just an theory that lacks enough evidence to substantiate it.  So people will just bicker back and forth about it...

Around the Network
Justagamer said:
sales2099 said:
GribbleGrunger said:

I'm sorry but that's very strange logic. Questioning the numbers based on trends to date and NPD results isn't 'pessimistic', it's logical thinking. Ignoring those trends and just automatically believing the numbers without question is narrow minded.

All that tells me is that certain people here now have a safety net to "always be right"/"be right even when wrong at the moment".

I agree with you sales. I see the numbers and take them for what they are. If they're adjusted, I take those for what they are. I don't know why some here just can't do that. Always with the "overtracked" or "undertracked".... Give it time, the real numbers always come out...

I find it quite hypocritical for Xbox fans to take this stance, just because the PS4 is ahead.  As if it was obvious that the One/360 was undertracked, they wouldn't be posting "undertracked" left and right.  I know a few that would and have.  So, stop this "holier than thou" facade when it's about PS4 numbers.

thismeintiel said:
Justagamer said:
sales2099 said:
GribbleGrunger said:

I find it quite hypocritical for Xbox fans to take this stance, just because the PS4 is ahead.  As if it was obvious that the One/360 was undertracked, they wouldn't be posting "undertracked" that left and right.  I know a few that would and have.  So, stop this "holier than thou" facade when it's about PS4 numbers.

A certain other group did what you accuse the xbox fans off during the first years of the ps3

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

BMaker11 said:
Jay70sgamer said:
Augen said:

Much of that depends on secondary and tertiary markets. I think it will be close when all is done in coming years (PS3 and Wii within 2 million of each other).

Stop dreaming ...xbox and ps3 are not catching wii sorry they are 20 million consoles behind..they would have to sell 834,000 ps3 or 360s consoles a month for the next two years to catch the wii ....lol sorry "ain't gonna happen ..just being honest ....people lie numbers don't 

The PS2 going from 100M to 150M+ was 6 years, 5 of which was in the life of the PS3. I'm not saying the PS3 will sell another 20M, but if it's on the market as long as the PS2 was, it'll be close. Let's just say it stays at the pace it's on: roughly 45k a week. It'll do 2.2M a year. That's 13.2M over 6 years (if it stays on the market that long) which would put the PS3 at 95.1M. And that's just assuming the rate stays exactly the same, not factoring in the holidays or future price cuts. Give PS3 12-13 years on the market like the PS1 and 2 got, and it can reach the sales standards of its predecessors. 

I think it's also safe to assume Sony will start pushing the PS3 in the smaller countries, like they did the PS2, once it drops to ~$149.  I do think the Wii will stay ahead, given how it is performing after the PS4's release, but it should be close.

thismeintiel said:
Justagamer said:
sales2099 said:
GribbleGrunger said:

I find it quite hypocritical for Xbox fans to take this stance, just because the PS4 is ahead.  As if it was obvious that the One/360 was undertracked, they wouldn't be posting "undertracked" that left and right.  I know a few that would and have.  So, stop this "holier than thou" facade when it's about PS4 numbers.

Ok, show me a post that I ever claimed any Xbox undertracked. Edit: (I put one down below for you). Or one where I proclaim myself an Xbox fan. I have a ps4, and do not have an x1... This post shows so much ignorance, it made my head hurt. I said I take the numbers until the real numbers come out.... The only one who's holier than thou is you, and that's your facade. 

Funny thing is, the same ones crying undertracked are always the same ones crying overtracked.

Im speaking of the numbers in general, I never mentioned a system. You did all that. You can get mad over vgc numbers, I'll wait until the official numbers come. Until then, vgc numbers are fine. So calm down.

thismeintiel said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Why is everyone so but hurt? Hasn't it always been wait for NPD for more accurate numbers?

Has nothing to do with being butthurt.  Just wanting this site to be as accurate as possible.  Especially when it's something as obvious as the PS4 outselling the One in NA.

I thought it was always known that this site isn't going to 100% accurate? Heck the PS Vita is overtracked by a good margin also I don't see very many people complaining about that. 360 is also undertracked by a good amount.