By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW/SW April 26th up!

NobleTeam360 said:
thismeintiel said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Why is everyone so but hurt? Hasn't it always been wait for NPD for more accurate numbers?

Has nothing to do with being butthurt.  Just wanting this site to be as accurate as possible.  Especially when it's something as obvious as the PS4 outselling the One in NA.

I thought it was always known that this site isn't going to 100% accurate? Heck the PS Vita is overtracked by a good margin also I don't see very many people complaining about that. 360 is also undertracked by a good amount. 

Exactly right on all points.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
thismeintiel said:

I find it quite hypocritical for Xbox fans to take this stance, just because the PS4 is ahead.  As if it was obvious that the One/360 was undertracked, they wouldn't be posting "undertracked" that left and right.  I know a few that would and have.  So, stop this "holier than thou" facade when it's about PS4 numbers.

A certain other group did what you accuse the xbox fans off during the first years of the ps3

Links?  Ever since I got here, it's always been the 360 guys telling the PS3 guys to stop saying undertracked.  But, guess what?  The PS3 guys were usually right.  Recently there has been evidence that the 360 has been undertracked, as well.  Guess who's saying undertracked, now?  Difference is, the PS3 guys usually agree with them if there's a reason for it.

NobleTeam360 said:
thismeintiel said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Why is everyone so but hurt? Hasn't it always been wait for NPD for more accurate numbers?

Has nothing to do with being butthurt.  Just wanting this site to be as accurate as possible.  Especially when it's something as obvious as the PS4 outselling the One in NA.

I thought it was always known that this site isn't going to 100% accurate? Heck the PS Vita is overtracked by a good margin also I don't see very many people complaining about that. 360 is also undertracked by a good amount. 

How do you answer what he wrote: "Just wanting this site to be as accurate as possible."

With this: "I thought it was always known that this site isn't going to 100% accurate?"

Did he say 100%? All he wants and all that most people want is for VGC to at least be close to what is actually going on.

It's interesting that you think the Vita is overtracked and the 360 is undertracked. How do you know that ... ?

The PS5 Exists. 

NobleTeam360 said:
thismeintiel said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Yes, and when it was obvious that it was undertracked, we heard 360 fans proclaim it as such.  And PS3 fans agreed.  The point is, it's obvious that the tracking in NA is off.  If the One couldn't beat the PS4 in March, there's no way it's beating it in April.  The reason it gets said so often, though, is because we have a constant reminder of the undertracking each month, yet the tracking isn't changed.  360 fans would do the same if MS released shipment numbers every month, giving them a constant reminder.

I'm guessing that just like Tomb Raider, Metal Gear, Thief, and oh... I don't know...  just about every game that isn't a hyper photo realistic blood bath nades and splosions kewl bro military vs. mode only shooter, that Watch Dogs is probably going to sell A LOT more on PS4 than XBO.  Aiden doesn't even have a manly scar or goatee.  I wonder how many systems it will sell, as a lot of potential PS4 owners were awfully disappointed to the point of mass canceling pre-orders when Watch Dogs, the best launch title by far, got delayed.

Then you have MLB The Show 14 as well today.

Should be a fun month.

As for Vita?  Tales of Hearts R can't get here soon enough.

Around the Network

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3/THE-PS3-MOVING-100K-A-WEEK/td-p/15517176/page/5

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

ps4 low japan sales...?who can explain me, why is this happening!

GribbleGrunger said:
NobleTeam360 said:
thismeintiel said:
NobleTeam360 said:

How do you answer what he wrote: "Just wanting this site to be as accurate as possible."

With this: "I thought it was always known that this site isn't going to 100% accurate?"

Did he say 100%? All he wants and all that most people want is for VGC to at least be close to what is actually going on.

It's interesting that you think the Vita is overtracked and the 360 is undertracked. How do you know that ... ?

The whole point is VGChartz will grow less and less accurate as time goes by, digital will only continue to get bigger so unless VGChartz somehow starts tracking digitals sales then don't expect more accurate numbers. VGChartz has 360 at 80.7 million sold and MS has 360 with 83.7 million shipped, no way that many 360's are on store shelves. I'm sure you can fine the PS Vita info on your own. 

taspao said:
ps4 low japan sales...?who can explain me, why is this happening!

Because the Japanese don't fall for the lame western kewl bro shooter American games.  When Namco, Atlus, NIS, Level 5, Square (lol), etc start announcing major 8th gen projects, it will skyrocket.  And I in America will also be in heaven.

Nobody in Japan cares about Call of Kotick or Madden.

thismeintiel said:
NobleTeam360 said:
thismeintiel said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Why is everyone so but hurt? Hasn't it always been wait for NPD for more accurate numbers

Yes, and when it was obvious that it was undertracked, we heard 360 fans proclaim it as such.  And PS3 fans agreed.  The point is, it's obvious that the tracking in NA is off.  If the One couldn't beat the PS4 in March, there's no way it's beating it in April.  The reason it gets said so often, though, is because we have a constant reminder of the undertracking each month, yet the tracking isn't changed.  360 fans would do the same if MS released shipment numbers every month, giving them a constant reminder.

But like I said in my original comment, the numbers aren't going to be accurate waiting for NPD is always the best thing to do. So much stuff is overtracked/undertarcked that I thought people would be used to this type of thing happening.