By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW/SW April 26th up!

exdeath said:
taspao said:
ps4 low japan sales...?who can explain me, why is this happening!

Because the Japanese don't fall for the lame western kewl bro shooter American games.  When Namco, Atlus, NIS, Level 5, Square (lol), etc start announcing major 8th gen projects, it will skyrocket.  And I in America will also be in heaven.

Nobody in Japan cares about Call of Kotick or Madden.

thank you so much!your enlightening explanation !time will tell us if you are right

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
Jay70sgamer said:
Augen said:
Mummelmann said:
No big surprises here. Wii U more or less flat yoy, 3DS heavily down, PS4 holding quite well and the One is doing pretty good too. Vita riding on Japan, we'll see how it performs over the summer. 7th gen edging closer to extinction every month, by the time 2015 starts, there won't be much left between the PS3 and 360 but I'm guessing there are still folks who believe the PS3 can catch the Wii.

Much of that depends on secondary and tertiary markets. I think it will be close when all is done in coming years (PS3 and Wii within 2 million of each other).

Stop dreaming ...xbox and ps3 are not catching wii sorry they are 20 million consoles behind..they would have to sell 834,000 ps3 or 360s consoles a month for the next two years to catch the wii ....lol sorry "ain't gonna happen ..just being honest ....people lie numbers don't 

The PS2 going from 100M to 150M+ was 6 years, 5 of which was in the life of the PS3. I'm not saying the PS3 will sell another 20M, but if it's on the market as long as the PS2 was, it'll be close. Let's just say it stays at the pace it's on: roughly 45k a week. It'll do 2.2M a year. That's 13.2M over 6 years (if it stays on the market that long) which would put the PS3 at 95.1M. And that's just assuming the rate stays exactly the same, not factoring in the holidays or future price cuts. Give PS3 12-13 years on the market like the PS1 and 2 got, and it can reach the sales standards of its predecessors. 

Lol you are really reaching thinking it's gonna sell at its current pace for the next for the next 6 years lol it's barely selling 13,000 a week in the usa alone ..let me break it down further for you ...it will have to sell 208,000 ps3 or xbox360 a week for two years ....not even ps4 is selling that many units a week at this time and ps3 is only selling 12,000 units a week in the usa at this moment do you really think it's gonna outsell the ps4 in the future come on man give it up wii sold the most consoles this generation and no one is gonna catch it and you even said it yourself if it sells at its pace right now it will still be 10,000,000 consoles short after 15 years on the market lol generation 7 is over lol 

NobleTeam360 said:
GribbleGrunger said:
NobleTeam360 said:
thismeintiel said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Why is everyone so but hurt? Hasn't it always been wait for NPD for more accurate numbers?

Has nothing to do with being butthurt.  Just wanting this site to be as accurate as possible.  Especially when it's something as obvious as the PS4 outselling the One in NA.

How do you answer what he wrote: "Just wanting this site to be as accurate as possible."

With this: "I thought it was always known that this site isn't going to 100% accurate?"

Did he say 100%? All he wants and all that most people want is for VGC to at least be close to what is actually going on.

It's interesting that you think the Vita is overtracked and the 360 is undertracked. How do you know that ... ?

The whole point is VGChartz will grow less and less accurate as time goes by, digital will only continue to get bigger so unless VGChartz somehow starts tracking digitals sales then don't expect more accurate numbers. VGChartz has 360 at 80.7 million sold and MS has 360 with 83.7 million shipped, no way that many 360's are on store shelves. I'm sure you can fine the PS Vita info on your own. 

I'm not suggesting it's wrong, I'm pointing out that speculation and trends are a part of coming to VGC forums. Many people have been called childish because they questioned the PS4 numbers and that's out of order in my opinion, especially when they've been right more than once. And why bring sales of software into a hardware argument?

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
NobleTeam360 said:
GribbleGrunger said:

How do you answer what he wrote: "Just wanting this site to be as accurate as possible."

With this: "I thought it was always known that this site isn't going to 100% accurate?"

Did he say 100%? All he wants and all that most people want is for VGC to at least be close to what is actually going on.

It's interesting that you think the Vita is overtracked and the 360 is undertracked. How do you know that ... ?

The whole point is VGChartz will grow less and less accurate as time goes by, digital will only continue to get bigger so unless VGChartz somehow starts tracking digitals sales then don't expect more accurate numbers. VGChartz has 360 at 80.7 million sold and MS has 360 with 83.7 million shipped, no way that many 360's are on store shelves. I'm sure you can fine the PS Vita info on your own. 

I'm not suggesting it's wrong, I'm pointing out that speculation and trends are a part of coming to VGC forums. Many people have been called childish because they questioned the PS4 numbers and that's out of order in my opinion, especially when they've been right more than once. And why bring sales of software into a hardware argument?

True. 

larrysdirtydrawss said:
the big guns like amazon,gamespot,walmart ect constantly on the hour has the ps4 easily ahead on best selles list every single day.yet ps4 only outsells it in n.a by a couple of thousand after adjustments?

If you look at other NPDs, there will be a massive adjustment to cover more ground than the small adjustment that was just made (otherwise VGC would become quite insanely out of whack).

I really hope that VGC can tweak the calculations to get more on track. As of now both PS4/XB1 tracking for 2014 have been consistently broken, to the point where the numbers aren't even useful other than to be shocked each month at the miscalculations. The tracking isn't insanely terrible for other platforms (eg : WiiU, which obviously has less total data to work with anyway), so why these two systems in particular?

XB1 price hike + no major game releases + solid Amazon data indicates strongly that April will be even worse for XB1 than March was.

PS4 momentum should be tepid during this timeframe as well, but there are no negatives to speak of either (bad PR, price hike, hardware/software failures, etc). So all the evidence is there to support the gap to maintain predictably for April (and presumably at least through E3, where Microsoft will need MEGATONS to change the picture meaningfully, as E3 doesn't translate to mass market action in 99% of cases .. it's games on the shelf that people want to buy that change things, along with price and perceived value).

If Microsoft lowers at E3 to $399, and starts hyping the hell out of their 2014 lineup, then they have a chance at winning some weeks and maybe even months in the US. The rest of the world is a lost cause with the slim possibility of a fight in the UK. If Microsoft isn't willing to bleed for it yet and wants to keep at $449/$499 through 2014, or to November 2014+, then they will have a damned hard time even in the US.

There exists a real social/networking momentum in the modern era. If you're a 360/PS3/Wii gamer, and you game in a social context (online and/or trading & playing with friends locally and in your real/virtual communities), then you will be influenced heavily by word of mouth, and if a majority of your friends have bought into PS4, you will lean that way. Ditto XB1 if you have kind of group. THIS is what Microsoft should be concerned about, as the price cut needed to happen yesterday. E3 is the latest that makes sense, fall is risking disaster.

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
thismeintiel said:
NobleTeam360 said:

I thought it was always known that this site isn't going to 100% accurate? Heck the PS Vita is overtracked by a good margin also I don't see very many people complaining about that. 360 is also undertracked by a good amount. 

Yes, and when it was obvious that it was undertracked, we heard 360 fans proclaim it as such.  And PS3 fans agreed.  The point is, it's obvious that the tracking in NA is off.  If the One couldn't beat the PS4 in March, there's no way it's beating it in April.  The reason it gets said so often, though, is because we have a constant reminder of the undertracking each month, yet the tracking isn't changed.  360 fans would do the same if MS released shipment numbers every month, giving them a constant reminder.

But like I said in my original comment, the numbers aren't going to be accurate waiting for NPD is always the best thing to do. So much stuff is overtracked/undertarcked that I thought people would be used to this type of thing happening. 

There's no reason to take these numbers at face value.  And I don't expect the fan of any console to do so.  If there is reason for disagreement, then it should be presented.  Again, especially if its something so obvious as PS4 sales in NA.

I kinda hope PS4 sales go down, so they can throw some more stock at the countries who need it most.

I already fear that PS4 will be hopelessly outsold in the holidays because they can't save up enough stock by then. I don't expect any stock issues on WiiU or X1 side.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

POE said:
DonFerrari said:
And we have another week were vgc keeps getting x1 numbers above ps4 Just to show to be wrong on NPD.

And we have another week were all the Nostradamus lineage comes to speak about the future.

Yes I have come from the future... and in the future we know that NPD for March have PS4 way ahed X1 even with Titanfall+pricecut, while VGC have X1 considerably ahead... in the same future we know that there is no reason for X1 numbers to grow on the price being higher... that is now as prediction not divination.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

GribbleGrunger said:
sales2099 said:
GribbleGrunger said:
kowenicki said:

Deary me.    You just dont get it do you. 

I'm only really a spectator here but it seems to me that it's you that's not getting it. You keep saying that people are butt hurt because the numbers don't suit them but what I'm seeing is people who are right to question the numbers and are proven right over and over again. Your stance just doesn't seem to make sense ... sorry.

In the end, people are just seeing the numbers for what they are. When they are adjusted, so will the mindsets of the people that bragged before. Praising people who called foul, even if they turned out right, is just praising pessimism in general. Better to take the numbers as we see them and adjust ourselves accordingly "if" they are changed.

I'm sorry but that's very strange logic. Questioning the numbers based on trends to date and NPD results isn't 'pessimistic', it's logical thinking. Ignoring those trends and just automatically believing the numbers without question is narrow minded, or 'optimistic'. There's some very odd rational going on in these sales threads just lately.

There is a saying "Optimistic are the bad informed pessimistics"... and usually the saying is correct. Naive and dumb people live better and happier believing on a better world.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I would cut VGC some slack. They do not have that many data points and it seems those lie mostly in Xbox territory. They should listen to their data first and only second to trends. If they're just blindly adjusting their numbers to trends this whole thing becomes pointless guess work. If at some point their data speaks the truth they would be the fools by changing them due to "popular demand". I'd rather trust my own gathered data even if it seems biased than adjust them for popular beliefs.

They're still adjusting them when they gathered more data so I don't see a problem.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.