By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Movie Recommendation Thread.

Jay520 said:
bananaking21 said:

dont you love malcolm in the middle? 

Yeah, great show.

I would list some movies but I'm not a big enough movie-fan to list any that aren't already well-known.

well that confirms it, you have good taste then  

Around the Network

Ah yes, someone mentioned Kung Fu Hustle. Great movie, probably one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. It's available for free on YouTube (in parts), so you have no reason to not watch it.

Haven't seen Shaolin Soccer though.

Jay520 said:
Ah yes, someone mentioned Kung Fu Hustle. Great movie, probably one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. It's available for free on YouTube (in parts), so you have no reason to not watch it.

Shaolin Soccer is even funnier but thats like my opinion : )

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Ninja Scroll 2 is my recommendation.

Around the Network

Just a short list, I've tried to pick some less obvious choices. A few films perhaps you guys have not seen.

Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind

Léon

Open Range

Mystic River

The Road

Memento

Heat

Margin Call

Mr Brooks

The Grey

Event Horizon

Warrior

La Haine

The Thing

The Town

In Bruges

In The Name of The Father

Calvary

This is England

Then there's of course the greatest film ever made, Braveheart.

Letters from Iwo Jima. Also instead of watching Spike Lee's Malcom X read the actual autobiography of Malcom X by Alex Haley its miles better and much more informative.

Jay520 said:

shailin soccer is better than kung fu hustle. however, "Kung Pow: Enter The Fist" is on a completely different level. its easily one of the funniest movies i ever seen.

Chris Hu said:
Letters from Iwo Jima. Also instead of watching Spike Lee's Malcom X read the actual autobiography of Malcom X by Alex Haley its miles better and much more informative.

This is part of a two movies, two stories thing right? One is the view of the Japanese soldiers and one from the view of the American soldiers?

I want to see both movies, they seem really good. :)

wangjingwanjia said:
Chris Hu said:

This is part of a two movies, two stories thing right? One is the view of the Japanese soldiers and one from the view of the American soldiers?

I want to see both movies, they seem really good. :)

Yeah the other movie is Flags of Our Fathers which I haven't seen yet but I heard is pretty good also.