By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Community Reborn!!!-An outbreak?! PSX has a date!!!

What did you think about Sony's Pre-TGS Conference?

It was nice 10 11.90%

Nothing that really caught my attention tbh 25 29.76%

It was awesome! 8 9.52%

Not Bad 7 8.33%

I didn't like it 11 13.10%

It was okay 10 11.90%

Needed more LoD! 4 4.76%

Decent 2 2.38%

Other 7 8.33%

Total:84
celador said:
Ka-pi96 said:
PSN down for anyone else?

Just been playing Destiny with no problems.  Couldn't get in the store though, said it was down for maintenance. 

Exactly the same for me. Cannot access the store or my download list...

Around the Network

I've got a question. I'm really interested in Bloodborne but I've never played a Souls game in my life, so since I've got some money at the moment I've been thinking of getting one of them to give it a try. I heard that Dark Souls 2 is supposed to be the weakest in the series but what about Dark Souls/Demon's Souls, which of those should I try out?

DerNebel said:
I've got a question. I'm really interested in Bloodborne but I've never played a Souls game in my life, so since I've got some money at the moment I've been thinking of getting one of them to give it a try. I heard that Dark Souls 2 is supposed to be the weakest in the series but what about Dark Souls/Demon's Souls, which of those should I try out?

Demons souls. Its awesome especially there is a place tower of latria (I never went that far though) is a dream stage for souls fans. And dont be impatient. This game requires patience. If you have patience you will really enjoy this game.

I would say Dark Souls because it is a bit more easy and more friendly to newcomers and afterc finishing the game go to demon souls..

And I thought Sleeping Dogs would release in November so I was surprised for nothing ^^'

Edit:  I am in love with this console and controller cover hmm..Wondering if I should get it or not;.

DerNebel said:

Dark Souls is tougher than Demon Souls but more forgiving since you get regular checkpoints. In Demon Souls when you die you restart at the beginning of the level unless you find a shortcut. Demon Souls also takes away half your lifebar after you die once and can only get it back when you beat a boss or use an extremely rare item. So yeah go with Dark Souls. Also my favorite in the series. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
DerNebel said:

Dark Souls is tougher than Demon Souls but more forgiving since you get regular checkpoints. In Demon Souls when you die you restart at the beginning of the level unless you find a shortcut. Demon Souls also takes away half your lifebar after you die once and can only get it back when you beat a boss or use an extremely rare item. So yeah go with Dark Souls. Also my favorite in the series. 

I did, but the price pretty much made the decision for me. Gamestop only had Demon's Souls and Dark Souls normal edition used for 25€ each (seriously?), so I went to another store and got Dark Souls Prepare to Die edition for 30€ new, still pretty expensive for a game that's 3 years old but whatever, let's see what all the fuzz about this series is actually about.

DerNebel said:
Fusioncode said:
DerNebel said:

I did, but the price pretty much made the decision for me. Gamestop only had Demon's Souls and Dark Souls normal edition used for 25€ each (seriously?), so I went to another store and got Dark Souls Prepare to Die edition for 30€ new, still pretty expensive for a game that's 3 years old but whatever, let's see what all the fuzz about this series is actually about.

Good luck. You're going to die a lot in the beginning. Remember not to get frustrated since it happens to everyone. Keep going and eventually you'll get good at the game.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Well played the game for a couple hours and must've died about 20 times or so already (though a lot of those can be attributed to me not understanding that you are supposed to run past that first boss the first time you encounter him), so we're off to a good start.

Final death was me running straight down a cliff without looking.

Definitely gotta get used to having to use the shoulder buttons to attack.

Keep going back to the gaf Driveclub thread and I really want to play it based off of their impressions. Hopefully the + version is available at some point next week

Driveclub patch 1.03 is live, should help reduce server load