By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Community Reborn!!!-An outbreak?! PSX has a date!!!

What did you think about Sony's Pre-TGS Conference?

It was nice 10 11.90%

Nothing that really caught my attention tbh 25 29.76%

It was awesome! 8 9.52%

Not Bad 7 8.33%

I didn't like it 11 13.10%

It was okay 10 11.90%

Needed more LoD! 4 4.76%

Decent 2 2.38%

Other 7 8.33%

Total:84

Since I love gooch_destroyer, I am here to post.

Let's see, what's new? The UMD drive on my PSP 3000 died, but I found a gently used PSP 1000 at a local used game store. The speakers are shot, but I can still get audio through headphones.

I finished Super Time Force Ultra on PS4 yesterday. Started Grow Home this morning. Keep an eye out for those reviews.

What else? I'm currently playing through MGS4 on PS3, courtesy of the Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection, in order to get ready for MGSV.

Oh, and I've been on a bit of a "Metroidvania" kick lately, so I'm looking forward to playing La-Mulana and Xeodrifter on Vita.

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Let's see, what's new? The UMD drive on my PSP 3000 died, but I found a gently used PSP 1000 at a local used game store. The speakers are shot, but I can still get audio through headphones.

I finished Super Time Force Ultra on PS4 yesterday. Started Grow Home this morning. Keep an eye out for those reviews.

What else? I'm currently playing through MGS4 on PS3, courtesy of the Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection, in order to get ready for MGSV.

Oh, and I've been on a bit of a "Metroidvania" kick lately, so I'm looking forward to playing La-Mulana and Xeodrifter on Vita.

Gooch wat are you doing hacking a mod account.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Veknoid_Outcast said:

D'aww. Thanks for posting buddy.

TheGoldenBoy said:

Gran Turismo 7 Developer Polyphony Goes on Hiring Spree: Are We Getting Close? Companion App Coming

Polyphony Digital has been hard at work on Gran Turismo 7, and looks like the studio is pushing on the gas of development, going on a veritable hiring spree in search of new talent.

The studio posted opportunity ads for thirteen new positions, including AI Engineer, Online Engineer, Graphics Engineer, Game Engine Development Engineers, Game Script Engineers, Sound Development Engineer, Data Engineer, Test Build Engineer, Pipeline Tool Development Engineer, Mobile Application Engineer, In-House Tool Development Engineer, Vehicle Simulation Development Engineer and Physics Engine Development Engineer.

We can also glimpse a few interesting facts from the specific ads themselves:

• Polyphony wants to improve the situational awareness of AI drivers, and their reactions to the ever-changing conditions of the tracks, giving there a more human-like behavior.
  • Implementing specific regulations for racing series like GT, rally and NASCAR is mentioned, also for events and “mission races.”
  • Polyphony plans to implement a tool to render audio based on 3D space infomation.
  • The studio plans to implement a companion app on mobile that can interact with the series on PlayStation via the network.
  • The studio is collaborating with production sites around the world, and needs to develop communication tools to make the process smoother.
  • The use of GPU compute for physics is mentioned.

The candidates will work on PS4, PC and mobile, but this shouldn’t be taken as an indication that Gran Turismo 7 is going to be on those platforms, PS4 aside. Polyphony has part of its development pipeline on PC workstations, and mobile development is required for the companion app.

This sudden acceleration in hiring might definitely indicate that we’re getting close to an announcement for the game. Tokyo Game Show is incoming, and Paris Games Week will be soon after. The Gran Turismo series is massively popular both in Japan and in Europe, so it’s not unlikely that we might see the game unveiled there.

[Source]

This has always intrigued me, if they were anywhere near close to an announcement, wouldn't these hirings have been done sooner (Likewise with other announcements of the same type, from other studios)?  Full disclosure, I'm not a dev, or designer in any way, but I've seen these statements before and given the length of time GT games take to develop (and others of course), it just seems odd that you'd be hiring now, and not have done so sooner?  This is more of a desire to understand more about the process, than it is to rain on the 'incoming announcement' parade, I could (and probably am) be 100% incorrect in the sequence of events in game design.

You can't really tell much because we don't know how much was already done in the areas they are going to work in

Around the Network
Roronaa_chan said:
You can't really tell much because we don't know how much was already done in the areas they are going to work in

Was that in response to my Q?

If so, yeah it's probably difficult unless you're in the industry and familiar with their process.  Which may vary from team to team, so who knows.  I wonder if Tachikoma could shed some light.

If it wasn't to me, then nevermind haha :)

just got my first (and possibly last) platinum trophy ever. it was of course infamous first light. the game is fantastic! i just had one challenge left and decided to finish it off today. playing it again wow just wow does this game have awesome gameplay.

BraLoD said:
bananaking21 said:
just got my first (and possibly last) platinum trophy ever. it was of course infamous first light. the game is fantastic! i just had one challenge left and decided to finish it off today. playing it again wow just wow does this game have awesome gameplay.

Kudos banana-boy.

Try to platinum a Souls game sometime as well

id have to try playing one first

UltimateGamerConsole said:
What are your picks for the best looking remaster on PS4?

Flower.

BraLoD said:
We need more TGS hype here.

I'll start getting really hyped once Sega puts up its TGS lineup website on the 10th and I see Persona 5 on there.