By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Eurogamer confirms: Mario Kart 8 is 1080p/60FPS (even in 2-player)

Sharu said:
pezus said:
Sharu said:
biglittlesps said:
I don't think its native 1080, eurogamer did not do their digital foundry (or) anything in the article they just mentioned 1080p 60FPS in regular way for their demo instead of stressing its running natively in their analysis. So far its been confirmed 720p/60FPS and even nintendo did not confirm properly (they would have said if its 1080p because this will give them huge bonus in marketing).

1080p will not give a big plus for a marketing amongst normal people. And the technogeeks will say that modnationracer is still better and go continue playing their CODs.

Eh...I doubt many "technogeeks" play CoD...certainly not for the tech at least.

Well, for example, COD is the highest selling PS4 game. And don't tell me that new consoles is bought by casuals in big amounts during its first year. 

Also on the article, I don't see 1080p confirmed there. And also, even if it will be 720p with AA and 60 fps - it will be good enough until its still a funny arcade racer with a Nintendo quality.

I doubt "technogeeks" would be playing on PS4 either

Around the Network

But I bet it will have online framrate issues, I know from experience with LBP karting, nothing too serious and definitely playable.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...

I doubt it. My magical eyes say that it's 720p ;)

Nintendo already confirmed that months ago.

I'm sure that piece of news just hurt some agendas.

I am pretty happy with it though.

Around the Network

Will the best Mario Kart, i'm sure. B)

I'm officially impressed. Good job Ninty.

Are we sure this isn't a mistake? I thought all screens/footage so far showed it was 720p?

KylieDog said:
1080p/60fps? Should hope so with that level of graphics.

What is wrong with the level of graphics? How should it be better for a Mario Kart game? It looks really impressive at some stages, you aren't limited in the far view, it runs solid and fluid, it has beautiful art direction.

walsufnir said:
KylieDog said:
1080p/60fps? Should hope so with that level of graphics.

What is wrong with the level of graphics? How should it be better for a Mario Kart game? It looks really impressive at some stages, you aren't limited in the far view, it runs solid and fluid, it has beautiful art direction.

Just ignore him, misery loves company.