By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Eurogamer confirms: Mario Kart 8 is 1080p/60FPS (even in 2-player)

zero129 said:
HintHRO said:

It looks good artistically...but...not...technically :).... is what most Sony fanboys would say. I think this is a way better achievement than Driveclub 1080p/30fps. All racers are supposed to be 60fps and this game still looks gorgeous.

Moderated - Kresnik.

Why you got moderated for this i dont understand

Never call peeps fanboys.  Even if its being general.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Around the Network
_crazy_man_ said:
zero129 said:
HintHRO said:

It looks good artistically...but...not...technically :).... is what most Sony fanboys would say. I think this is a way better achievement than Driveclub 1080p/30fps. All racers are supposed to be 60fps and this game still looks gorgeous.

Moderated - Kresnik.

Why you got moderated for this i dont understand

Never call peeps fanboys.  Even if its being general.

Especially don't generalize

The problem is that the guy did not label anyone a "fanboy" and saying otherwise will make me doubtful of their intelect which may be sub-human in some way. If he is banned for using "Sony fanboys" then I can only laugh at how lame the reason for banning thwt individual is as he does not attack anyone and saying otherwise is utter fallacy.

It looks stunning while being 1080p( possibly upscaled 720 )/60fps, but that isn't enough? wow...
the ignorance when downplaying is baffling.

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Now that's what I call next-gen!

Around the Network
walsufnir said:

They are not pushing graphics? First people laughed about WiiU even not capable to do PS360-graphics, now MK8 is shown which is in no way possible on PS360 and then people say they are not pushing graphics at all...

wat

There are 4-5 year old PS3 games that are more impressive than MK8. Realism will almost always beat cartoon

Kane1389 said:
walsufnir said:

They are not pushing graphics? First people laughed about WiiU even not capable to do PS360-graphics, now MK8 is shown which is in no way possible on PS360 and then people say they are not pushing graphics at all...

wat

There are 4-5 year old PS3 games that are more impressive than MK8. Realism will almost always beat cartoon

In terms of what, pray tell? Where is the proof that realism is technically more demanding than cartoon graphics, except that realism might demand more complex textures?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

zero129 said:
Kane1389 said:

wat

Are them games running in 1080P@60fps? hell the is nothing on 360 or ps3 that comes close to what MK8 is doing -_- .

Yes, because it takes a NASA supercomputer to run a graphical beast that is Mario Kart, with its cartooney textures, bad AA and incredibly simple geometry at 1080p/60fps.

GT5 and 6 are technically way more demaning games than Mario Kart (and yes they are both at 1080p/60fps while pushing realism), which is to be expected since one is a cartooney game and one is a racing sim, but there are actually people out there that think MK8 is technically more impressive...

Mr Khan said:
Kane1389 said:
walsufnir said:

wat

In terms of what, pray tell? Where is the proof that realism is technically more demanding than cartoon graphics, except that realism might demand more complex textures?

seriously now?

BaldrSkies said:
I would be really surprised if it wasn't. It's not exactly a graphical powerhouse.

Not saying it looks bad at all, the colorful and cartoony artstyle is quite pretty.

bold: Yes, it is.