By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U rides on Mario Kart

One game won't save the WiiU. They need at least a minimum of 3 games a month to make a come back.

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

Around the Network
Sleepyprince said:
curl-6 said:
daredevil.shark said:

Nope. SSB and Zelda U will also help wii u.

Only if Nintendo deliver the darker epic Zelda gamers want, not more whimsical toon stuff.

Wasn't twilight princess this kind of Zelda ? 

Yes it was, and as a result is was a great success. But that was over 7 years ago; gamers now want a HD one.

fps_d0minat0r said:

the software was only successful because of the wii's hardware.

If they made a wii sports for wii U, it would fail.

Like I said just in the last post, trying to use Nintendo's fuck-ups with the Wii U to downplay the importance of Wii's software is just lame.

I think it definitely will indicate where Wii U will end up in lifetime sales.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

ps4tw said:
spurgeonryan said:
ps4tw said:
Only die hard fans have the Wii U. It'll sell well initially because all current Wii U owners will get it but it won't attract any new customers for the console. Wii U is over.

Oh no! I bought the Wii U. Did nintendo say it was done after this year? Where did you hear this?

From a guy called commen sense and his best buddy logic. The two tend to make good predictions.

Or we can bury are heads in the sand and expect a company to keep on supporting a console that is doing bad on a record scale. The Dreamcast was abandoned around now and that had sold 80% more than what the Wii U has done by the time Sega called it quits. 

Meanwhile SEGA was full in debt, and losing money left and right, while Nintendo had just a bad year and is swimming in money. Your buddy guys sure are cherry picking.

Around the Network
routsounmanman said:
ps4tw said:
spurgeonryan said:
ps4tw said:
Only die hard fans have the Wii U. It'll sell well initially because all current Wii U owners will get it but it won't attract any new customers for the console. Wii U is over.

Oh no! I bought the Wii U. Did nintendo say it was done after this year? Where did you hear this?

From a guy called commen sense and his best buddy logic. The two tend to make good predictions.

Or we can bury are heads in the sand and expect a company to keep on supporting a console that is doing bad on a record scale. The Dreamcast was abandoned around now and that had sold 80% more than what the Wii U has done by the time Sega called it quits. 

Meanwhile SEGA was full in debt, and losing money left and right, while Nintendo had just a bad year and is swimming in money. Your buddy guys sure are cherry picking.

How is it cherry picking? The console market is as large as its ever been and the Wii U isn't selling and has almost no third party support. Pikmin, 3D Mario etc have not helped sales. Why will Mario Kart? Nintendo aren't enticing new customers by offering the same franchise year after year. Can you really see the CoD crowd going for Mario Kart? The Forza crowd? Any gaming crowd? As I said, no karting game has been successful outside of Mario Kart and that can be largely attributed to lack of competition on Nintendo consoles. 

ps4tw said:

How is it cherry picking? The console market is as large as its ever been and the Wii U isn't selling and has almost no third party support. Pikmin, 3D Mario etc have not helped sales. Why will Mario Kart? Nintendo aren't enticing new customers by offering the same franchise year after year. Can you really see the CoD crowd going for Mario Kart? The Forza crowd? Any gaming crowd? As I said, no karting game has been successful outside of Mario Kart and that can be largely attributed to lack of competition on Nintendo consoles. 

You're incredibly out of touch if you think Mario Kart doesn't still have broad appeal. Look no further than Mario Kart 7.

ps4tw said:
routsounmanman said:
ps4tw said:
spurgeonryan said:
ps4tw said:

I'm not saying that WiiU will magically sell through the roof and reach 100m sales. But MK8 will be the best thing to happen to Nintendo lately and easily push WiiU for a bit until SSB comes. And in the end, 15m - 20m lifetime for WiiU is perfectly viable and will turn a healthy profit overall.

Completely different from the SEGA situation.

Play4Fun said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

the software was only successful because of the wii's hardware.

If they made a wii sports for wii U, it would fail.

Like I said just in the last post, trying to use Nintendo's fuck-ups with the Wii U to downplay the importance of Wii's software is just lame.

Like I said in my previous post, trying to generate high expectations on software which was only successful because of the wii's hardware is just lame.

Mario Kart 8 is going to sell like hotcakes - at least on the established Wii U base.
As of 26th of April, 106k copies have been preordered. By comparison, SM3DW launched with an amount of 100k preorders, and for Kart it's still a month to go.
Is it going to boost the Wii U? Yes. But not significantly and not for a long time, if Nintendo doesn't market it well.

The advertising campaign needs to have a very wide range, commercials have to be shown very often.
I live in Austria and have never seen a Wii U commercial. The Austrian Broadcasting Corporation (ORF - öffentlich rechtliches Fernsehen) reaches 33% of our population, which adds up to more than 2.6 million people..
I don't know about other countries, but compared to the most of them Austria is a very small one..

Of course it's expensive, but if Nintendo finally wants to sell consoles, they should start advertising their consoles aggressively - just like Microsoft and Sony do..
Their consoles can be seen everywhere..