By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U rides on Mario Kart

Zero999 said:
sethnintendo said:

I just wanted to state the obvious.  Mario Kart is the Wii U last hope for relevance in the console race.  I could elaborate more on this op but I will do so later in this thread when I am more sober. 

there's no such thing as X game is the last hope. For sure, MK is nintendo's biggest game but that's it.

pretty much continue in saying that there is a small chance that smash zelda and possibly a new f zero can do something

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network

If you mean by "...rides on Mario kart" maybe outselling the GC, then yeah.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Only die hard fans have the Wii U. It'll sell well initially because all current Wii U owners will get it but it won't attract any new customers for the console. Wii U is over.

ps4tw said:
Only die hard fans have the Wii U. It'll sell well initially because all current Wii U owners will get it but it won't attract any new customers for the console. Wii U is over.

i agree on some level except we wont know untill it comes

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Why would Smash or Zelda be able to sell more WiiUs than MarioKart?

WiiU needs the boost now and it needs to ride on it for a while. There will not be another big game for at least 3 and a half months. That's if they announce something for September at E3. And what could they possibly put there much stronger than WWHD last year? Nothing we know about yet.

Marketing's the only other thing WiiU can ride on till November. I just think if MK8 and marketing can't do it then nobody wants the hardware and Smash+Zelda won't make a bigger splash.

Around the Network

well skid is right but

i still have hope wii u can have a couple miracle games

Bets:

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

ps4tw said:

Sorry but that is just bullshit.

The wii u isnt doing well at all, but saying that Mario Kart isnt going to attract any new customers is just plain wrong. Also the Wii U isnt over yet.

Its out for a year and has a lot of games coming out this and next year. If everything fails to attract new customers then they'll drop the support on it, but thats not going to happen.

A lot of my friends are buying a wii u just for mario kart and i know some who are still waiting for Zelda U.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

RealGamingExpert said:
ps4tw said:

The wii u isnt doing well at all, but saying that Mario Kart isnt going to attract any new customers is just plain wrong. Also the Wii U isnt over yet.

Its out for a year and has a lot of games coming out this and next year. If everything fails to attract new customers then they'll drop the support on it, but thats not going to happen.

A lot of my friends are buying a wii u just for mario kart and i know some who are still waiting for Zelda U.

zelda u man thats gonna make me have a heart attack XD

Bets:

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

MK8 will become the highest-selling Wii U title, at the very least. With its until-years-end marketing strategy as well as all the free publicity via MK8 players' YouTube uploads (which Nintendo will be making more money off of) mainstream consumers in general will have greater interest in this title, as well as the Wii U.

spurgeonryan said:
ps4tw said:

Oh no! I bought the Wii U. Did nintendo say it was done after this year? Where did you hear this?

From a guy called commen sense and his best buddy logic. The two tend to make good predictions.

Or we can bury are heads in the sand and expect a company to keep on supporting a console that is doing bad on a record scale. The Dreamcast was abandoned around now and that had sold 80% more than what the Wii U has done by the time Sega called it quits. 

RealGamingExpert said:
ps4tw said:

Jimmies = russled. 

You can't just say "saying that Mario Kart isnt going to attract any new customers is just plain wrong"  and not explain yourself. Hell, we teach 8 year olds basic comprehension which is when you make a statement, you have to follow it with an explanation. The reason Mario Kart won't attract any new customers is because karting games haven't been popular for years. "Oh but Mario Kart N". Nintendo, due to little 3rd party support, can guarentee their games to have a large uptake on their consoles because of the lack of competition. It's not like people who owned a Wii had a huge selection of quality racing games to choose from. However if there is a small user base, the sales will also be low as it is all relative. Also as a note, the Wii U has actually been out for actually the same amount of time as the Dreamcast and has sold far less. Let that fact sink in. 

All it has coming out for it are Nintendo titles which haven't appealed to the mass market since the N64. I know no one who owns a Wii U and no one who wants a Wii U. The value of anecdotal evidence...