By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - COD: Advanced Warfare DLC first on Xbox

sad that were talking dlc before the games even properly revealed

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
J_Allard said:
One reason I am glad Sony charges for online now. Last gen most of my friends used PS3 for MP simply for free online play and I wanted to play with them so I was forced to play way inferior versions of CoD. Now that won't be the case, though jury is out on whether I buy CoD or not now with Titanfall around.

But probably the worst thing about it was the wait for DLC. Makes you feel like a second class gamer almost.

inferiour version, second class gamer.  yet you got a xbone,.. oh the irony.

Another guy who jumps on the wrong assumption regarding inferior version. And what about the Xbone would make me feel "second class"? You don't seem to understand irony either. Oh well.

J_Allard said:
BMaker11 said:

Maybe for you but having played CoD4, WaW, and MW2 on both (didn't play BLOP/2 or MW3 on both so I won't comment on that), the gameplay, connection speed, and sound quality were comparable to me. They were bluetooth mics, so they weren't standardized....but they weren't "shit". And you just completely made up the load times being "especially shitty". Only less than 3 seconds behind, on average? Well, I guess also, TIL "the PS3 DID NOT have a mandatory install for this game and still managed to do well with quick load times" = "especially shitty". To each his own, I guess. But funny you should mention image quality. Because when comparing XBone to PS4, things like resolution, textures, etc. don't matter to you because it's beating a dead horse, I guess, and it doesn't affect gameplay/isn't game breaking. But last gen, it made the games "way inferior"? Ok.

And you should care because if it affects you on a personal level, you should understand that it wasn't targeted against you personally (your group personally). Nintendo being completely shunned for not being a "good enough" console, while 4 other platforms get Advanced Warfare (two of which the WiiU has better specs) should make a Nintendo gamer feel "second class" because Activision is expressly ignoring them. But feeling second class because the company intends to give you the content, but they're still a business so they take money and you wait a littler longer because of it? That's like me feeling "second class" because Foot Locker sometimes has 1-week exclusive deals on particular shoes....but I only have a Finish Line gift card. I mean, I'll still get the shoes.....

Do timed exclusives make you feel "second class"? I mean, you'll still get the content eventually, but you had to wait. Probably not, because "it's not really exclusive. I'll get the content anyway". But hey, that doesn't fit well into the anti-PS narrative.

Well gee golly that's swell for you but like I said spending a lot of time on the 360 versions, moving to PS3 was a much worse experience, again particularly with the first Blops and MW3. You're welcome to disagree, but nothing you say is going to change my experience and vice versa so oh well. And yeah I know PS3 mics were Bluetooth, hence the reason voice quality was dog shit. You have crappy BT mics being used by people and sporadic voice quality on PSN altogether that varied wildly from game to game. It wasn't a quality experience, but you get what you pay for I guess.

By image quality I am not talking textures or resolution. But you throwing yourself all over that comment sure was adorable to see, regardless. Idk, maybe learn what image quality is? PS3 had shit image quality on most multiplatform games. Never noticed how the 360 versions were usually just brighter and more colorful overall? Yeah..

You're getting too emotional over the second class comment and looking a bit too deep into it. Nothing more for me to really say on the matter though, toodles.

Oh, you're just drawing a line at textures and resolution because that's all I said. I could have said colors being washed out, brightness, etc, like ASM2 for example

or CoD: Ghosts

(open Ghosts images in a new tab), but I didn't want to make a freakin list. Not to mention in that same Lens of Truth comparing MW3, it said you just needed to adjust the brightness levels on both consoles to get the same image. Anyway, I guess you jumped the gun on that one in order to make it seem like I didn't understand "image quality", just because I didn't list every single criterion to define it. Long story short, all of a sudden, the same things that made a game "way inferior" to you don't matter to you anymore. 

And I'm not looking a bit too deep in the second class comment. You said that because you had to wait for content, you feel second class.....but you don't feel second class for timed exclusives, for example (which, in reality, is all the CoD DLC is). I mean...how am I the one getting "overly emotional" about it, but you said it affects you on a personal level? Doesn't get much more emotional than that. Another example of your hypocritical flip flopping when it doesn't suit all things Xbox. 

Anyone care to check my Gamertag and see how many Amazing Spider-Man 2 or Ghosts achievements I have? I'll wait while you reach the conclusion of zero.

Done yet? Good. Now please explain how there is any hypocrisy if you're listing games I don't play LOL. Its hard for me to give two shits about the differences in games I don't play. Thanks though, being attacked a second time by people who don't even understand the words theyre throwing out is great for laughs. Like I said: too emotional. Enjoy the last word on the matter.

Don't give a rat's ass about CoD DLC, but I definitely hope they release an X1 bundle with Modern eh.. I mean Advanced Warfare. That will be my reason to buy an X1.

Around the Network
J_Allard said:

Anyone care to check my Gamertag and see how many Amazing Spider-Man 2 or Ghosts achievements I have? I'll wait while you reach the conclusion of zero.

Done yet? Good. Now please explain how there is any hypocrisy if you're listing games I don't play LOL. Its hard for me to give two shits about the differences in games I don't play. Thanks though, being attacked a second time by people who don't even understand the words theyre throwing out is great for laughs. Like I said: too emotional. Enjoy the last word on the matter.

Doesn't matter if you haven't played those games. You said that one of the reasons why  most multiplats were "way inferior" was due to image quality. Unless you played most multiplats last gen to be able to make that statement? But considering there's over 600 games the PS3 and 360 share, I doubt that's true, so you can't fall back on "herp derp, I didn't play those games, so they are irrelevant LOL". You can make a generalization about multiplatform games last gen, even though you didn't play most of those games ......but now that the situation has been reversed, showing games that meets your criteria for "way inferior" don't count because....what's that? You haven't played these games? Even though by that same token, you were able to talk about last gen? Another example of your hypocritical flip flopping!

But let me just give you the benefit of the doubt. Let's skip all the mental gymnastics you're doing to seem like you're being consistent, and just leave it up to only the games you've played. I dunno what your gametag is, but unless you've only played XBone exclusives so far, then chances are you've played a "way inferior" game, considering the vast majority (if not all) of multiplatform games out have had PS4 > XBone. But again.....that doesn't fit the anti-PS narrative you're trying to push. Go ahead and change the goalpost again, though. You're already 3 for 3 in being completely hypocritical. Be my guest and make it 4 for 4

jlmurph2 said:
FIT_Gamer said:
We knew this since march of last year. Microsoft already announced they renewed their COD DLC deal with Activision.

People didn't want to believe that logic when claiming that Activision would stop doing this for Xbox One and switch it to PS4 in 2014

As long as Microsoft is writing checks the Xbox will get early DLC, even if Activision does make the PS4 their lead platform.

BMaker11 said:
J_Allard said:

Doesn't matter if you haven't played those games. You said that one of the reasons why  most multiplats were "way inferior" was due to image quality. Unless you played most multiplats last gen to be able to make that statement? But considering there's over 600 games the PS3 and 360 share, I doubt that's true, so you can't fall back on "herp derp, I didn't play those games, so they are irrelevant LOL". You can make a generalization about multiplatform games last gen, even though you didn't play most of those games ......but now that the situation has been reversed, showing games that meets your criteria for "way inferior" don't count because....what's that? You haven't played these games? Even though by that same token, you were able to talk about last gen? Another example of your hypocritical flip flopping!

But let me just give you the benefit of the doubt. Let's skip all the mental gymnastics you're doing to seem like you're being consistent, and just leave it up to only the games you've played. I dunno what your gametag is, but unless you've only played XBone exclusives so far, then chances are you've played a "way inferior" game, considering the vast majority (if not all) of multiplatform games out have had PS4 > XBone. But again.....that doesn't fit the anti-PS narrative you're trying to push. Go ahead and change the goalpost again, though. You're already 3 for 3 in being completely hypocritical. Be my guest and make it 4 for 4

It seems you still don't know what hypocritical means. I'm going to explain yet again why you are wrong here. Follow along.

1. I bought and played the inferior PS3 versions of CoD. It bothered me a little (because they were REALLY bad), but I did it anyway because that was where some of my CoD buddies/siblings were at. Now, where is the hypocrisy here? Even if I said I owned and played Ghosts on Xbone, why would it be hypocritical of me to own the inferior Xbone version, when last gen I owned inferior PS3 versions? Isn't this.. consistent? Isn't this.. the opposite of flip-flopping?

2. What games have been shown to meet "my criteria" for inferior? I listed a bunch of things that bothered me about CoD on PS3. You retort with some tiny Spider Man pics and pics of Ghosts that are actually brighter on Xbone and tbh shitty looking for both platforms. But again, where is there any hypocritical stuff here? Have I been on this board saying Ghosts is better on Xbone or something? Have I been actively playing and enjoying Spider Man on Xbone without knowing it?

3. Are you under some bizarre impression that I think the Xbone is more powerful than PS4 or something? That I don't know a lot of the MP games have better resolution on PS4? Can you please control+f the thread and find a post in here where I reference resolution? Take your time.

Look I have enjoyed this back and forth and I wish you'd continue because it's just been funny as hell to read but I am starting to feel bad. What I am going to do, since you don't know how to use hypocritical correctly in a sentence, is I am going to make you sort of an "Allard Hypocritical Cheat Sheet". Are you ready to begin? Ok.

In this thread I have expressed displeasure in playing CoD on PS3 due to:

• Slower matchmaking
  • Shit voice quality
  • Dark, muddled image quality (which I explained both PS3 and 360 had this issue with Ghosts)
  • One month delay in DLC
  • Longer load times, especially ridiculous on a couple of the games

Now, do you see that list? Feel free to print it out and use it as a reference. Now here's the fun part. If you ever see me on here praising a game and having a good time with no qualms whatsoever playing a game that has these issues on Xbox One and not on PS4, then you may reply crying about hypocrtical flip-flopping. Until then please pick your spots a little bit better.

Now, regarding the underlined, no. Like I said, you can have the last word there, I am done trying to help you. And now I am done trying to help you with hypocrite as well. Bye.

J_Allard said:

It seems you still don't know what hypocritical means. I'm going to explain yet again why you are wrong here. Follow along.

1. I bought and played the inferior PS3 versions of CoD. It bothered me a little (because they were REALLY bad), but I did it anyway because that was where some of my CoD buddies/siblings were at. Now, where is the hypocrisy here? Even if I said I owned and played Ghosts on Xbone, why would it be hypocritical of me to own the inferior Xbone version, when last gen I owned inferior PS3 versions? Isn't this.. consistent? Isn't this.. the opposite of flip-flopping?

2. What games have been shown to meet "my criteria" for inferior? I listed a bunch of things that bothered me about CoD on PS3. You retort with some tiny Spider Man pics and pics of Ghosts that are actually brighter on Xbone and tbh shitty looking for both platforms. But again, where is there any hypocritical stuff here? Have I been on this board saying Ghosts is better on Xbone or something? Have I been actively playing and enjoying Spider Man on Xbone without knowing it?

3. Are you under some bizarre impression that I think the Xbone is more powerful than PS4 or something? That I don't know a lot of the MP games have better resolution on PS4? Can you please control+f the thread and find a post in here where I reference resolution? Take your time.

Look I have enjoyed this back and forth and I wish you'd continue because it's just been funny as hell to read but I am starting to feel bad. What I am going to do, since you don't know how to use hypocritical correctly in a sentence, is I am going to make you sort of an "Allard Hypocritical Cheat Sheet". Are you ready to begin? Ok.

In this thread I have expressed displeasure in playing CoD on PS3 due to:

• Slower matchmaking
  • Shit voice quality
  • Dark, muddled image quality (which I explained both PS3 and 360 had this issue with Ghosts)
  • One month delay in DLC
  • Longer load times, especially ridiculous on a couple of the games

Now, do you see that list? Feel free to print it out and use it as a reference. Now here's the fun part. If you ever see me on here praising a game and having a good time with no qualms whatsoever playing a game that has these issues on Xbox One and not on PS4, then you may reply crying about hypocrtical flip-flopping. Until then please pick your spots a little bit better.

Now, regarding the underlined, no. Like I said, you can have the last word there, I am done trying to help you. And now I am done trying to help you with hypocrite as well. Bye.

The fact that you've said "I'm done talking, toodles" and "enjoy the last word" twice shows that you can't even be consistent in that regard either. Anyway, do you know what hypocrite means? Here you go: "a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings". My post will show how in each point, you've acted in contradiction to prior beliefs.

1. It's not that you owned inferior version last gen, then owned them this gen. It's that last gen, the games were supposedly shittier and here you are making a big whoop about why they were inferior....but those same things don't bother you anymore when they plague the Xbox. This isn't specific to this thread, but only relevant due to what you said about CoD. Like how people brought up "pretend exclusives" in this thread, even though it's from another thread. It's about your post history, in relation to what you've said about CoD in this thread. You know what it makes you when things applicable to someone else are "shitty" in your opinion, but when they affect you, all else being equal, they aren't "shitty"? Yea, think about that.

2. You can go to the original Digital Foundry comparison to ASM2 to see the comparison between the two and you wanna know why Ghost is brighter on XBone? It's because the image is more washed out. I wouldn't consider that a good thing. But it doesn't matter if you haven't been talking about Ghosts specifically. It's an example. Do you know what an example is? An example is when you use something to illustrate a point. You were talking about "worse image quality" with X360 games being brighter and more colorful overall. I show you 2 examples of games having better "image quality" on PS4....then you lose it because it's 2 games you're not talking about or playing? Like I pointed out, you said most multiplats fell under this umbrella last gen.....but you didn't play most multiplats and still make that statement. But when I show you games that *gasp* you haven't played....I can't use them to say the multiplats on PS4 are better? You know what what that makes you?

3. I didn't say you thought XBone was more powerful than PS4. But then again, all I said was "things like resolution and textures" and as I explained in a prior post, because I didn't make an entire list of the criterion for "image quality", you're jumping on resolution specifically because you hadn't talked about that factor and that was a "thing like", amongst other possibilities, that I listed....as if it invalidates the point I was making. You got 1 out of 3 here. This doesn't make you a hypocrite. Instead, it's just you moving the goalpost. 

I won't go by a point by point analysis of the bullet points you made. With "especially ridiculous" load times being a complete fabrication (as shown by Digital Foundry), one month delay on DLC making you feel "second class", but you have no qualms with timed exclusive games, and image quality making CoD games "way inferior" on PS3, but you have no issue with lower image quality on XBone games, I don't feel the need to go into deep analysis to refute the points you've made. You'll just say the opposite, in some manner, to things you've stated in this thread or in the past.