By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Q4 Investor's Meeting - Live

It's hard to see how Iwata survives. I mean Nintendo has posted losses more in the past few years than they had in the previous century.

Around the Network

Iwata needs to go.

Wii U hardware still being sold at a loss?

Christ, the tablet controller was a worse choice then the PS3's Cell.

Kasz216 said:

Wii U hardware still being sold at a loss?

Christ, the tablet controller was a worse choice then the PS3's Cell.

At least the Cell was used unlike the tablet controller 

tbone51 said:
Soundwave said:
Holy crap those are some terrible 3DS and Wii U shipment numbers for the last quarter.

2DS really seems like a dud, I don't think it helped Nintendo much at all.

Could be overshipped from Q3, 3DS in japan has sold more this quarter than shipped WW for example. 2DS sells more than 3DS (at least according to nintendo during holiday!)

2DS was only launched 6 months ago, and is a variant of an existing handheld to appeal to younger kids. I wouldn't like to say whether the 2DS is a success or not.

Around the Network
Hedra42 said:
tbone51 said:
Soundwave said:
Holy crap those are some terrible 3DS and Wii U shipment numbers for the last quarter.

2DS really seems like a dud, I don't think it helped Nintendo much at all.

Could be overshipped from Q3, 3DS in japan has sold more this quarter than shipped WW for example. 2DS sells more than 3DS (at least according to nintendo during holiday!)

2DS was only launched 6 months ago, and is a variant of an existing handheld to appeal to younger kids. I wouldn't like to say whether the 2DS is a success or not.

Well it's hard to blame Pokemon X/Y or the overall software library (which was ridiculously strong) for sluggish 3DS sales. Something went wrong somewhere. 3DS should've honestly crushed 15 million with that software lineup. 

Wow poor Wii U, last year first quarter was bad with 390,000 shipped I knew this year would also be bad I just never thought it would be so much worse (relatively) but this year it only shipped 310,000 a 20% drop in it's first year not good.

Sad day...

Makes me wonder what will happen now. Will Iwata be fired? Will Nintendo go all in on the QOL? Will they launch a new system, and will it be combining their handheld and consoles? Will they try to enter the smartphone market?

Honestly, there are so many possible outcomes from this, and if Iwata gets fired the amount increases. I'm seriously worried right now.

tagged so I can read it when I'm at home.
Nothing too unexpected I think. Don't know if VGC already changed numbers, but WiiU seems to be spot on. 3DS still a bunch overtracked.

For someone who enjoys his Wii U and 3DS quite a bit this report was a painful read.