Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Q4 Investor's Meeting - Live

Vinniegambini said:
kowenicki said:
So quarterly shipments:

Wii 0.16m
WiiU 0.31m
3DS 0.63m

Abysmal.

Results are very poor indeed; however, for once, like I mentioned previously, Nintendo is being extremely conservative with their hardware and software sales at the exception of 3DS HW for FY15.

Furthermore, a one-off event of 270 million for R&D investments for Q4 does not paint a pretty picture either.

It's going to be a very interesting investor's meeting tomorrow.

Dudue post a source to Nintendos numbers

Around the Network

Hmm, well these numbers are worse than I expected...I'll give VGC the benefit of the doubt on Wii U numbers, but 3DS seems to be off quite wildly.

Depressing to see even Nintendo predicting awful sales for Wii U; despite Smash, Mario Kart etc.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

One thing i find funny on those kind of thread: we all see the sales ranking every week, wee see, much it sold, and how much it isn't. Yet, when the result is announced, people act like was totally unexpected and nobody forsaw this months ago."Oh my god! They forsaw a big loss, and actually had it!!"

By how much the loss is on apr with nitnendo expected? Im seeing number about 400 mil and another in the likes of 350mil? Which one is rigth(in US dollars)

So, for for the next fiscal year:
"Based on these efforts, we project for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2015 net sales of 590.0 billion yen, an
operating income of 40.0 billion yen, an ordinary income of 35.0 billion yen and a net income of 20.0 billion
yen. Unit sales of the major products used for the forecast are listed on page 15 under the heading of “(5)
Consolidated sales units, number of new titles, and sales units forecast” in the “Others” section. Exchange rate
assumptions for the major currencies used for the forecasts are 100 yen per U.S. dollar and 140 yen per euro."

Which one represent the actual money they will make? i was looking at it and was around 400mil, 350 mil and 200mil US dollars, respectively. What was the previous forecast? 1 billion? Props to then if they manage to make profit with 2 consoles in decline.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

kowenicki said:
So quarterly shipments:

Wii 0.16m
WiiU 0.31m
3DS 0.63m

Abysmal.

what do you mean...?according to vgchartz january february march namely the q4 sales for 3ds are at 1.757.084 and for wii u 525.000...oh i cannot understand your statement...explain it to me...

kowenicki said:
taspao said:
kowenicki said:
So quarterly shipments:

Wii 0.16m
WiiU 0.31m
3DS 0.63m

Abysmal.

what do you mean...?according to vgchartz january february march namely the q4 sales for 3ds are at 1.757.084 and for wii u 525.000...oh i cannot understand your statement...explain it to me...

The VGC numbers are estimated consoles sold by retailers to customers.

The numbers I posted are Nintendo own numbers of shipped to retailers.

where did you get these numbers...how shippments can be much lower than sales...?

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
taspao said:
kowenicki said:
So quarterly shipments:

Wii 0.16m
WiiU 0.31m
3DS 0.63m

Abysmal.

The VGC numbers are estimated consoles sold by retailers to customers.

The numbers I posted are Nintendo own numbers of shipped to retailers.

ohhhhh i got it;)...it is overtracked!!!!!

The “Wii U” hardware still has a negative impact on Nintendo’s profits owing mainly to its
markdown in the United States and Europe, and unit sales of software, which has high profit margins, did not
grow sufficiently"

"For “Nintendo 3DS,” its consolidated global hardware sales reached 43 million units, which represent a
sufficient installed base upon which to expand software sales. In terms of software, “Mario Golf: World Tour”
was released in May globally. Also, “Tomodachi Life,” a title that sold 1.85 million units on a cumulative
basis in the Japanese market, in which players can enjoy watching over the carefree daily lives of the virtual
characters (Miis) of themselves and those close to them, will be released in the United States and Europe in
June. Also, “Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS” will be released globally in the upcoming summer. By
continuing to provide key titles throughout the next fiscal year, too, Nintendo will strive to generate robust
profits from the “Nintendo 3DS” platform business.

Regarding “Wii U,” which still faces a challenging sales situation, Nintendo will focus on efforts that seek to
stimulate the platform. By providing software that takes advantage of the “Wii U GamePad,” utilizing its
built-in functionality as an NFC reader/writer, and adding “Nintendo DS” Virtual Console titles to the “Wii
U” software lineup, Nintendo will seek to enrich the value of the “Wii U GamePad,” the most important
differentiator of “Wii U,” and as a result expand the sales of the “Wii U” platform. In terms of compatible
software, by positioning “Mario Kart 8,” scheduled to be released globally in May, and “Super Smash Bros.
for Wii U,” scheduled to be released this winter, as two main drivers, both of which are titles that a wide range
of consumers can enjoy either alone or with other players, Nintendo will seek to supply high quality games on
a continuous basis. Moreover, Nintendo will also strive to proactively pursue its digital distribution business
through the “Nintendo eShop.” "

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2014/140507e.pdf

This doesn't look well, WiiU still producing a loss for each unit sold and Nintendo again promising to deliver games on a continuous basis, which was a total lie since the beginning of the Wii U's life. Will they deliver or come again with a new round of excuses? After all, SW is the only thing that can save them, but so far, with only 2 games in the first half, it's impossible to believe in anything they say.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

It would be so easy to make the Wii-U a success story but radical changes in strategy would be required. The current failure is deserved and self-made.

kowenicki said:

From Nintendo results today.  As for the second part of the question... exactly!

sorry my dear:Pi understood!hugely overtracked

vgchartz is making adjustments...overtracked q4 because has undertracked q3