By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Q4 Investor's Meeting - Live

AstroGamer said:
taspao said:

sorry my dear:Pi understood!hugely overtracked

The reason it's overtracked isn't because it's superceding the shipment totals. That's completely possible. Nintendo shipped too much the previous quarter.

oh you re right!;)...thats my opinion  too 

Around the Network
Vinniegambini said:
Nintendo Q4 Investor Presentation + Q&A

05/07/14 / 09:00 PM EDT

So, 08:00 PM EST?

That said, the hardware rumor for this E3 doesn't sounds as fake after today. They need a new hadheld for 2015 and a new console for 2016.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Nintendo posts 200 million loss - everyone screams doom and gloom.
Sony posts 1.3 billion loss - Ah its fine, the PS4 is doing alright.

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

superchunk said:
ImmortalHelixFossil said:

3DS slightly over-tracked? It has 1 million more units sold than the official total shipment numbers? It's over-tracked by at least 1.3/1.5 million units. That's a lot.

Yeah you're right. Slightly is a poor word choice. But so is massively on 44m total shipped. We're talking only a ~3% difference here.

..by that logic vgc could report 0 sold for an entire year and only be "slightly undertracked".   that 44M number you are using the find the "difference" is complete bullshit when we get shipment numbers every quarter. 

kitler53 said:

..by that logic vgc could report 0 sold for an entire year and only be "slightly undertracked".   that 44M number you are using the find the "difference" is complete bullshit when we get shipment numbers every quarter. 

I wasn't looking at the quarterly shipped vs sold... I was looking at lifetime. Quarterly can be misleading.

For instance, if I ship 75 units in Q3 but sell only 25... then ship 25 units in Q4 but sell 50. I still have 100 shipped, 75 sold and 25 on shelves, but Q4 looks overtracked when it actually is not.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
kitler53 said:

I wasn't looking at the quarterly shipped vs sold... I was looking at lifetime. Quarterly can be misleading.

For instance, if I ship 75 units in Q3 but sell only 25... then ship 25 units in Q4 but sell 50. I still have 100 shipped, 75 sold and 25 on shelves, but Q4 looks overtracked when it actually is not.

well i'm looking at vgcz weekly numbers and when adjustments are in excess of 100% adjustment i call that massive under/over tracking.  when adjustments are applied to the numbers the change will be massive.

I said some time ago new console in 2015 and people called me crazy

tbone51 said:

Could be overshipped from Q3, 3DS in japan has sold more this quarter than shipped WW for example. 2DS sells more than 3DS (at least according to nintendo during holiday!)

Do you have a link for this?  In the holiday quarter Nintendo shipped 3.22m 3DS in The Americas/Other compared to 2.11m 2DS.  This past quarter they only shipped 90k 2DS compared to 370k 3DS in those territories.  So sell through of the 2DS was very poor during the holidays, demand dropped hard this year, or some combination of the two.

Cleary397 said:
Nintendo posts 200 million loss - everyone screams doom and gloom.
Sony posts 1.3 billion loss - Ah its fine, the PS4 is doing alright.

It`s troubling. NIntendo`s poor performance can be almost solely attributed to the Wii U, and restructuring and changes can slowly, but surely retun the company to consistent profitability. Sony has a plethora of problems in multiple divisions, which is far more difficult to rectify. They`ve bren selling off many builsing and laying off many workers, nad they`re still posting loss after loss.There could even be a significant spillover effect into the Playstation brand where heavy investment (which has been key to Sony`s past successes) is discouraged. In a worst-case scenario, the Playstation brand could be sold off, which could end up being completely fine or a gamer`s worst nightmare.

thats bad...
but i like it. I love my niches. and WiiU seems to be a top lvl one lol

3ds...disappointing but not bad...still Nintendo has to keep SW coming, last thing they should do is let core Handheld fanbase get discouraged..