By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN: Nintendo is absolutely going to show new hardware this year

Coming from the most recent Nintendo Voice Chat podcast...

"We've heard rumors that Nintendo might be showing hardware at E3." - IGN editor Jose Otero

"They're absolutely going to show new hardware this year. No doubt in my mind that something... 'Cause I've heard from multiple people now. I've heard from someone who used to be at Nintendo; I've heard it from somebody on the third-party front." - Peer Schneider 
Link

Around the Network

Maybe that health thing, but they are not gonna show a new home console or handheld.  No way they are gonna reveal a new console without having an E3 conference.  

3DS redesign incoming.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Wii U revision I guess. More memory, improved Gamepad battery life,maybe something else thrown in

3DS lite confirmed

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network

If they were showing new hardware, it would be ON STAGE at E3. No way they would release a new console in a Direct.

4DS confirmed!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

My guess is a 3DS revision (3DSi + 3DSi XL) if true. New Nintendo handheld will be next year, "Quality of Life" will likely have its own event as its probably far removed from a traditional gaming product. 

Soleron said:
If they were showing new hardware, it would be ON STAGE at E3. No way are they idiotic enough to release a new console in a Direct.

Could be shown at the back door press event.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Soleron said:

If they were showing new hardware, it would be ON STAGE at E3. No way they would release a new console in a Direct.

so are you going on the record as "no new hardware"?