By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN: Nintendo is absolutely going to show new hardware this year

QOL.

Around the Network

2D-3DSXL Lite or WiiU2.

It seems awfully early for a redesign. Then again, something must be done to save the poor Wii U.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Nintendo Fusion unveiling. Late 2016 release. Get the hype train rolling early.

I expect something along the lines of the DS. It will be intended as a "third pillar", but will quickly unseat the Wii U or 3DS ie. the Quality of Life thing.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Yeah I'm guessing a redesign if anything. Hardware doesn't even have to mean a platform, it could be a peripheral.

Areym said:
It seems awfully early for a redesign. Then again, something must be done to save the poor Wii U.

It might just be a new model with more memory.

Do we forget how many models of the PS3/360 there was?

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Around the Network

WiiU redesign if anything

_crazy_man_ said:
Areym said:

It might just be a new model with more memory.

Do we forget how many models of the PS3/360 there was?

That isn't much of an incentive to anybody who doesn't have one. If it's just that, it seems like a wasted effort unless it has more edgy innovations.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

kitler53 said:
Soleron said:

If they were showing new hardware, it would be ON STAGE at E3. No way they would release a new console in a Direct.

so are you going on the record as "no new hardware"?

Yes.

There's been a PR QoL leak.

If they're going to show something (not convinced, we'll see), it'll either be the QoL platform, or a new 3DS redesign.

I'm not feeling a WiiU redesign because they've never done that for a home comsole before, other than the cheaper models introduced at the start of a next generation like they did for NES, SNES and Wii. I also think it's too early for a next-gen platform of any kind, including the 'third pillar' kind, since the 3DS and of course especially WiiU aren't old enough.