By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Ranks Second and Nintendo Seventh Between Companies the Japanese are Most Proud of

Sony Ranks Second and Nintendo Seventh Between Companies the Japanese are Most Proud of

by Giuseppe Nelva (11 minutes ago) 0

The Japanese are known to be very proud of their local corporations, but which ones are they most proud of? The business firm Risk Monster sought to answer that question via a recently published survey titled “Japanese Companies to be Proud of in Front of the World”

The research was conducted among 1000 men and women between 20 and 69 years old, with the additional condition that those between 20 and 59 years old had to be employed. The 200 companies included in the survey had over 250 billion yen in yearly sales and more than 5,000 employees.

The interesting result is that there are two console manufacturers within the top 20.

1. Toyota - 64.5%
  2. Sony - 40.6%
  3. Honda - 40.5%
  4. Panasonic - 36.6%
  5. Nissan - 31.1%
  6. Canon - 29.0%
  7. Nintendo - 26.5%
  8. Hitachi - 26.4%
  9. Bridgestone -26.2%
  10. Toshiba - 25.8%
  11. Sharp - 23.3%
  12. ANA - 22.4%
  13. Yamato - 21.4%
  14. Yamaha - 21.3%
  15. Fujitsu - 21.2%
  16. Mitsubishi - 20.8%
  17. Suntory - 20.6%
  18. Japan Airlines - 19.6%
  19. Ajinomoto - 19.1%
  20. TOTO - 19.1%

While Sony’s result is definitely flattering, considering that it came close to the top beating historical conglomerates like Honda and Nissan, Nintendo’s result is especially significant, considering that it’s the only company in the top 20 that makes only video games and consoles, while Sony can count on a much wider range of products.

One thing is for sure, the Japanese are a proud people, and they’re very proud of their cars, their electronics, and most definitely of their video games.

Source: http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05/01/sony-ranks-second-and-nintendo-seventh-between-companies-the-japanese-are-most-proud-of/

Around the Network

Go Nintendo. Considering their size - that's a fantastic placing

edit: a sample of 1000 individuals... lol

I don't think I can put much weight on this, nevertheless, go Nintendo

....Wonder if that means more Jrpgs on ps4? :C

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

Well looks like Sony is not quite a ghost in Japan yet...

Panasonic at #4 is the bigger surprise.

Also, TOTO. :D Japan, you're so crazy. Yay for Suntory, as well.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
mii-gamer said:

Go Nintendo. Considering their size - that's a fantastic placing

edit: a sample of 1000 individuals... lol

I don't think I can put much weight on this, nevertheless, go Nintendo

1,000 people are enough for a survey as long as it's made sure that the sample isn't biased.

I'll trust you on that!

Go Nintendo

Hooray! Go Nintendo and Sony!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Who sat there and went "Hmm, which company makes me most proud to be Japanese... Oh i know, Japanese airlines!!" xD

I'm not proud of any company as long as I didn't help to get that company where it is with my own ideas or work. Is something wrong with me?

crissindahouse said:

I'm not proud of any company as long as I didn't help to get that company where it is with my own ideas or work. Is something wrong with me?

it is a bit different, Sony is one of those companies that build up Japan after WWII, one of the companies that created jobs and also helped to create technology and helped to make japan famous as a technology country :).