By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Ranks Second and Nintendo Seventh Between Companies the Japanese are Most Proud of

Pretty impressive rankings for both companies. Nintendo considering their size in 7th and SONY second only to Toyota both say a lot.

EDITED

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:
GamechaserBE said:
crissindahouse said:

I'm not proud of any company as long as I didn't help to get that company where it is with my own ideas or work. Is something wrong with me?

it is a bit different, Sony is one of those companies that build up Japan after WWII, one of the companies that created jobs and also helped to create technology and helped to make japan famous as a technology country :).

Well, I live in Germany, I think there are enough companies who helped to get Germany out of the shit.

honestly i want them to do the same thing with german companies....

I expected to see Nikon in this list.

Go Sony! and Nintendo! Wish my Mazda was on the list lol

aikohualda said:

I think of the "smaller" companies Miele could be very high up but the first places would be probably all something with cars or big machines haha. 

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
mii-gamer said:

Go Nintendo. Considering their size - that's a fantastic placing

edit: a sample of 1000 individuals... lol

I don't think I can put much weight on this, nevertheless, go Nintendo

1,000 people are enough for a survey as long as it's made sure that the sample isn't biased.

im sure its easy to find 1000 Jaywoods.  

I wonder what companies Americans would be proud of.

Personally, I'd vote for Wegman's.

crissindahouse said:
aikohualda said:

I think of the "smaller" companies Miele could be very high up but the first places would be probably all something with cars or big machines haha. 

Don't underestimate the popularity of Deutsche Post DHL (the world's largest courier company), Adidas, Puma, Bosch and others.

daredevil.shark said:

The research was conducted among 1000 men and women between 20 and 69 years old, with the additional condition that those between 20 and 59 years old had to be employed. The 200 companies included in the survey had over 250 billion yen in yearly sales and more than 5,000 employees.

Source: http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05/01/sony-ranks-second-and-nintendo-seventh-between-companies-the-japanese-are-most-proud-of/

This survey loses all creditability now. They only include "employed" people, because majority of those unemployed are living out in the streets in boxes. Some of those people were laid off enmasse by some of these Japanese corporations. If the survey included the unemployed, many of those companies wouldn't even been on the list.

aikohualda said:
crissindahouse said:
GamechaserBE said:
crissindahouse said:

I'm not proud of any company as long as I didn't help to get that company where it is with my own ideas or work. Is something wrong with me?

it is a bit different, Sony is one of those companies that build up Japan after WWII, one of the companies that created jobs and also helped to create technology and helped to make japan famous as a technology country :).

Well, I live in Germany, I think there are enough companies who helped to get Germany out of the shit.

It'll probably be Mercedes anyway.

I vote for Telekom, SAP and Bayer.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.