By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry Performance Analysis: The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Seriously, must have been a genius ploy to get attention for this game because I don't know many who would care otherwise.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
Normchacho said:
fallen said:

Are you serious? Minor differences? Did you really watch the comparo video or look at the pictures? It's night and day between the two.

Even if it is, it's not the hardware that's failing here.

You're right. It's not hardware related, something had to go wrong during the development process. But to say that the differences are small is just silly. Not that either version looks good...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

selnor1983 said:
Nice. Awesome. So if I ever want to play it Xbox One it is. Good to know.

"Xbox One game has clear disadvantages against the PlayStation 4 release"

"While 1080p30 is the target, the PS4 release does the best job of sustaining that performance level."

Good to know.

selnor1983 said:

Are you saying the differences are negligible? Do you own both systems?

fps_d0minat0r said:
selnor1983 said:

"Xbox One game has clear disadvantages against the PlayStation 4 release"

"While 1080p30 is the target, the PS4 release does the best job of sustaining that performance level."

Good to know.

i wont buy PS4 because I dont like most of Sony first party. So Xbox One version due to MS having better Firs party imo. Thats why I choose Xbox version. Sligh differences in versions didnt stop me buying PS2 games back in the day.

Around the Network
pezus said:
ethomaz said:

Hey, you can play as Venom! :o

Spawn remember

walsufnir said:
ethomaz said:

walsufnir said:

IIRC they also fixed the issue with black levels... But looking at the comparison video with WiiU PS4 also seemed to be way brighter.

No. They just fixed the sharpering filter... black levels is yet wrong... you can even look at Trials for example.

I do remember screenshots of Killer Instinct where the picture was way better than before... Well, whatever.

It was a big improvement already but the gamma is not fixed
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-has-microsoft-fixed-the-xbox-one-scaler
The update also fails to tackle the contrast/gamma boosting that is visible in these games, so we still see an unnatural bias to both light and dark areas

However back in December people already figured out how to 'fix' it by putting the xb1 in 720p output, bypassing the scaler.
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173456&page=1

So it's kinda strange that a native 1080p game, that shouldn't use the scaler, still has the gamma adjustment.

pezus said:
ethomaz said:

Hey, you can play as Venom! :o

Am I the only one who found this to be the funniest thing all day?

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

You saying you make the platform choice to play a game based on the worst version? Thats how it sounds, as if you had the choice between various platform to play the game on and... ok xb1 version is worse, awesome, lets get this one.

RIP ps3, xbox360.

welcome home ps4 and X1

I'm staying away from this turd. I didn't need Digital Foundry to confirm what I already knew to be a poorly developed game. Now I'm regretting even clicking on this thread.

Predicting that Second Son (PS4) will outsell Titanfall (XOne) in lifetime sales.  Click here for sales comparison thread.