By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Driveclub release date

I won't be able to play it then. I hope it does not come to PS + right away because that is just throwing away money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
This game having a PS+ version AND coming out on the same day as too many other games just screams failure. Hopefully I'm wrong but if this and The Order are all Sony has this holiday people are gonna be pissed.

2 Big first party titles at christmas is Normal, No one would be pissed. would be daft to put even more out in such a crowded market. 

Fuck me I'm going broke this Oct

broketober it is.

I was under the impression it would've come out June julyish D:, but Oh well. I'll pic kit up none the less.

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

looks really good but an almost year delay is pretty bad.

this title would do much better in the early days when few big titles are out.  no way i'm picking this up over destiny for instance.

Around the Network
nnodley said:
jlmurph2 said:
This game having a PS+ version AND coming out on the same day as too many other games just screams failure. Hopefully I'm wrong but if this and The Order are all Sony has this holiday people are gonna be pissed.

Exactly how many big first party games are ever released during the holidays?  Hardly ever more than 2, maybe 3 if one is a slighly smaller title.  I mean it's opinions and all, but who the hell would get pissed if you get driveclub in October and The Order in November.  Especially if they review well and word of mouth is good.  Only people who will get pissed are the ones who don't want them, but I've had plenty of times where I don't want any of Sony's first party offerings and I don't get pissed because I know others will enjoy them. 

If you look at the reason people bought a PS4, those games are not too high on the list. Driveclub is a genre that not everyone likes while also going to be partially available for PS+ members. The Order will have no co-op or any multiplayer so it lacks reason for replay value. Those are not good fall games. Especially not good fall exclusives. Im just saying. 

sales2099 said:
Well now, seems like a small window before Project Cars cuts off its legs. Sony really needs to take these things into account.

Yahh an unproven sim will just kill an arcade racer. 

Holiday sales, thats whats taken into account. 

Xenostar said:
jlmurph2 said:

2 Big first party titles at christmas is Normal, No one would be pissed. would be daft to put even more out in such a crowded market. 

My reasoning is in the post above

Finally a date! I just hope they changed the gameplay a little bit since the videos when others played looked always boring to me. Wasn't simulation enough to buy it for this reason and also not a "stupid fun arcade gameplay" to buy it for that reason. But that's just how I think about racing games, other will like exactly the middle between both and wouldn't like if they changed it.

I said before...

DriveClub and The Order: 1886 for the holidays 2015.

Uncharted 4 for March 2015.

Sony have too many games to fit in few months.