By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No E3 Conference for Nintendo this year - Mistake or not?

Should there be a Nintendo E3 conference?

Yes, absolutely, crazy for not bothering! 354 50.79%

No, they don't need one and the ND suffices 162 23.24%

I'll wait to see how it all goes 178 25.54%

Total:694
Seece said:
WagnerPaiva said:
Seece said:

So Nintendo have announced their E3 plans. No conference, but they are having Smash playable at Best Buys across the US, a Smash tornament, a nintendo direct and a "tree house" at E3 (just a place for show goers to go see the devs themselves.

Is this a mistake? Should Nintendo be having a conference this year??

I want to know what is that TREEHOUSE thing 

"This year, Nintendo will offer fans a deeper look at Nintendo's biggest games of E3, with information directly from the source. The "Treehouse," the Product Development department at Nintendo of America, will provide in-depth game demos live and unscripted from Nintendo's booth. This new program will be live streamed during all hours of the E3 show. Fans can get settled in, open their browsers and experience the Nintendo games at E3 like never before."

So, Treehouse is... nothing =/

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

I'll wait to see how it goes, but I know one thing for sure, I'll be camping out side a best buy in June.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

RolStoppable said:
Pavolink said:
I can't believe. What are they thinking? Really? And people is surprised by the Wii U sales. This is only a consequence of big mistakes like this one.

A consequence is something that happens after another something. Last year was the first time that Nintendo didn't hold a conference, but Wii U sales were already in the toilet long before that.

I'm not saying Wii U sales are bad only because this mistake, but by a big amount of mistakes, like not having a conference.

Having a conference will not only create excitement, but also marketing. And we know consoles even with a poor library can sell only by hype (PS4).

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

they have to have one... big mistake not to... Wii need U Nintendo!

Switch!!!

It doesn't inspire confidence in what they have to show to be honest.

Around the Network

I don't think it's a good idea. While streaming constant gameplay demos of your games from the show floor (which I'm just taking as what's happening from Seece's last post) is cool for those interested in seeing them in the first place, it's not a big enough spectacle to draw attention from those who would otherwise just not pay attention to what Nintendo might be doing in the first place. A conference at E3 gets tons of media attention. Everybody hears exactly what's going on.

So basically.....bad move imo

There will be an E3 conference... just not live...

Whether it'll succeed or fail has never been dependent on whether it's live or digital, but about the content they show for the fans.

Sure, we had great live conferences like 2006 and 2010... but we also had less-than-great (that's putting it lightly) conferences with 2008 and 2012. Being live or not had very little to do with their successes and failures. Nintendo will impress with new features, games, and announcements, not CEO and talking heads going on about sales, ecosystems, and other buzzwords.

And with a digital conference, the only technical issue they have to worry about is their live-feed (which *was* piss poor last year. Hopefully they'll have that fixed this time... >_>). No more crashing games (Assassin's Creed at the PS conference) or broken controls due to interference (Skyward Sword). Nintendo will show us exactly what they want to show us, and they'll succeed or fail based off of that.

Hope not... please no

I mean... there is no way that direct thing they did last year have been successful right?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Either or, the majority of the gaming community get their E3 info from video footage, be it a live presentation or through an elaborate promo video - Nintendo is doing both. Just because they are not doing anything in the Nokia Theater really doesn't mean anything.

RolStoppable said:
It's not a mistake.

If you aren't attending E3, both a conference and a Direct will be a stream to you. Additionally, the Direct last year cut out the business talk which a lot of gamers loathe so much and was shifted into seperate presentations for journalists and investors/analysts.

what is a mistake is that they stream prerecorded stuff... the most annoying thing about these live streams with a ton of people trying to watch is all the lag. I wish if they are doing something prerecorded again they'd just upload the damn video online so we can avoid all the e3 lag.

I always have like 2 or 3 sources bookmarked to jump between whichever is working for me at the moment during conferences and it can get pretty annoying if the stream freezes when they are showing a reveal.