By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No E3 Conference for Nintendo this year - Mistake or not?

Should there be a Nintendo E3 conference?

Yes, absolutely, crazy for not bothering! 354 50.79%

No, they don't need one and the ND suffices 162 23.24%

I'll wait to see how it all goes 178 25.54%

Total:694
Zero999 said:

people who didn't watch either but got the news later anyway: basically everyone.

Yeah. Let's put the game on the shelves and post a PR. People will know about the game one day.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
AZWification said:

Seeing the reactions to the Zelda U reveal would have been nice! Oh well! That's not THAT big of a loss after all!

I'm sure some people on Youtube will livestream themselves watching the event, so nothing lost for those who actually care about other people's reactions. :L

You can't compare 10 videos of individuals reactions to one with a crowded audience crying and screaming.

Yes I can! Be it 10 or 10 million, the crowd's reaction here is trivial and not necessarily telling of how good or bad the event was.

People talking about the "symbolic" importance of e3 or that they are admitting they are less than Sony or MS are really, reeaaallly stretching to make this a big deal. Consumers do not care about a symbolic conference that they may or may not have watched.

Again, all that matters is that it is a fun presentation with awesome games shown in an awesome way. Last year's ND wasn't any of that. No one wanted DKTF, SM3DW had a terrible trailer and looked uninspired and there were no fun surprises. If this year Reggie comes on, shows us Wii U light with a smaller, more ergonomic Gamepad, and a $50 price cut, a mature and awesome Zelda U for spring 2015, X is called Xenoquest and looks better than ever, with online multiplayer options and a November 2014 release, STEAM is some epic 1st person shooter coming 2015, Myiamoto's new IP is coming in November 2014 too, and it's amazing and fresh, Mistwalker reveals Last Story 2, F-Zero GX and Super Mario Sunshine are coming this fall in HD and Platinum Games is working on Starfox U... then I think few will complain about the format, and every gaming site will be giving a big blowout on the content shown.

The real question is, will Nintendo deliver the content.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Pavolink said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
AZWification said:

Seeing the reactions to the Zelda U reveal would have been nice! Oh well! That's not THAT big of a loss after all!

I'm sure some people on Youtube will livestream themselves watching the event, so nothing lost for those who actually care about other people's reactions. :L

You can't compare 10 videos of individuals reactions to one with a crowded audience crying and screaming.

Yes I can! Be it 10 or 10 million, the crowd's reaction here is trivial and not necessarily telling of how good or bad the event was.

I can swear you that many of the ones screaming at the E3 2004 during the TP reveal will put that conference above the ND last year. I can swear you that those who listened the Zelda Orchestra at the E3 2011 will prefer that moment over 1000 ND no matter how much MK's and 3DWorld's are announced.

Nintendo wants to be Apple. They're no Apple. People who support this cowardly move are absolutely ignorant. If this was the right move, then the Wii-U would have won last years E3.

I know one thing, Yamauchi would have never allowed for such a disgraceful act.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
oniyide said:
spurgeonryan said:
No mistake. The people it is aimed at will see it one way or another. I think Smeags Nintendo E3 thread last year was just as big as any other year. It would just be nicer of them to actually have a conference. So I can watch it on tv instead of my slow computer.

thats the problem they just cant aim it at people who were already interested in the first place. They need to get it to people who WERENT interested.

And those people are not going to be watching E3. I promise you that even Sony and Microsoft and even PC/mobile gamers will see most of what is going on with Nintendo. With or without E3. Casuals and others will not have watched anyways.

Anyone else?

that would be true. IF E3 didnt get more views than any of the NDs. try again. So yes they WILL be watching E3.

prayformojo said:
Nintendo wants to be Apple. They're no Apple.

This exactly and anyone who thinks they are are deluding themselves

It never said specifically there's no real conference, but I agree it doesn't look like there will be. Which is greatly disappointing.

The Directs are nice, but it doesn't have the same feeling a live conference would have. One where you hear the crowd's response, one that has the charms and sometimes awkwardness of the informal interactions between the people. How can they see the 2004 conference and not feel the urge to replicate such an experience? It's never going to happen with a digital presentation. Viewers won't get as connected and involved and it'll never get as much attention as a real stage show.

I find it hard to believe they would have nothing to show. Again. Even if they in fact didn't, they have Zelda this year, or at least, we'd assume so, and that's half the conference right there. Surely they have enough to fill that other half-hour. All these other things are fine, but are just that; side-stuff. I don't understand why they're so reluctant at coming out guns blazin'.

spurgeonryan said:
oniyide said:
spurgeonryan said:
No mistake. The people it is aimed at will see it one way or another. I think Smeags Nintendo E3 thread last year was just as big as any other year. It would just be nicer of them to actually have a conference. So I can watch it on tv instead of my slow computer.

thats the problem they just cant aim it at people who were already interested in the first place. They need to get it to people who WERENT interested.

And those people are not going to be watching E3. I promise you that even Sony and Microsoft and even PC/mobile gamers will see most of what is going on with Nintendo. With or without E3. Casuals and others will not have watched anyways.

Anyone else?

If that was the case everyone else will be doing this rather than a conference.

Einsam_Delphin said:
AZWification said:

Eh! I guess some of the reactions to the Mega Man reveal were pretty good!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---