By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No E3 Conference for Nintendo this year - Mistake or not?

Should there be a Nintendo E3 conference?

Yes, absolutely, crazy for not bothering! 354 50.79%

No, they don't need one and the ND suffices 162 23.24%

I'll wait to see how it all goes 178 25.54%

Total:694
S.Peelman said:
It never said specifically there's no real conference, but I agree it doesn't like there will be. Which is greatly disappointing.

The Directs are nice, but it doesn't have the same feeling a live conference would have. One where you hear the crowds response, one that has the charms and sometimes awkwardness of the informal interactions between the people. How can they see the 2004 conference and not have the urge to replicate such an experience? It's never going to happen with a digital presentation. Viewers won't get as connected and involved and it'll never get as much attention.

I find it hard to believe they would have nothing to show. Again. Even they in fact didn't, they have Zelda this year, or at least, we'd assume so, that's half the conference right there. Surely they have enough to fill that other half-hour. I don't understand why they're so reluctant at coming out guns blazin'.

This. Pretty much this.

Their 2010 Press Conference was good, except the motion plus fiasco. But it was game after game. That conference is better than any ND.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
VitroBahllee said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
If only people cared more about the content itself rather than how the content is presented, then we wouldn't have people whining about this!

I think the people 'whining' as you so generously put it are upset that the content will be shown to only a 10th-to-a-100th of the people.

Nintendo's livestream last year - 150k

Sony's livestream on Twitch alone - 15,000,000

Why would Nintendo kick themselves in the butts like that and show the new games to only a small group of people who would be buying them anyway? When they could show to a larger audience and get them excited, too?

I think that matters.

people who didn't watch either but got the news later anyway: basically everyone.

If this was true(which it isn't) then companies wouldn't even bother with E3 and just post news online. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Pavolink said:

I can swear you that many of the ones screaming at the E3 2004 during the TP reveal will put that conference above the ND last year. I can swear you that those who listened the Zelda Orchestra at the E3 2011 will prefer that moment over 1000 ND no matter how much MK's and 3DWorld's are announced.

We all have our opinions, and naturally people would put an event they actually went to over one they just watched. I'm sure the many who played at those Best Buy events last year would prefer that over the 2004 conference.

prayformojo said:

Nintendo wants to be Apple. They're no Apple. People who support this cowardly move are absolutely ignorant. If this was the right move, then the Wii-U would have won last years E3.

I know one thing, Yamauchi would have never allowed for such a disgraceful act.

I supported this move, and the Wii U won E3 for me last year.

What I find truely silly is how some people believe having a conference instead would change the Wii U's fortunes.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Pavolink said:

I can swear you that many of the ones screaming at the E3 2004 during the TP reveal will put that conference above the ND last year. I can swear you that those who listened the Zelda Orchestra at the E3 2011 will prefer that moment over 1000 ND no matter how much MK's and 3DWorld's are announced.

We all have our opinions, and naturally people would put an event they actually went to over one they just watched. I'm sure the many who played at those Best Buy events last year would prefer that over the 2004 conference.

If that was the case sales will have bumped already.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
prayformojo said:

Nintendo wants to be Apple. They're no Apple. People who support this cowardly move are absolutely ignorant. If this was the right move, then the Wii-U would have won last years E3.

I know one thing, Yamauchi would have never allowed for such a disgraceful act.

I supported this move, and the Wii U won E3 for me last year.

What I find truely silly is how some people believe having a conference instead would change the Wii U's fortunes.

It's not so much about winning as it is competeing. Now is not the time to duck, cower and throw up the figurative white flag which is what they're doing. They're losing, and losing bad. What they needed to do imo, was come out swinging. Let's see Metroid Prime 4 with a rubust online component. Lets see a dark, mature Zelda. Lets see some AAA, core software. I want to see them come out on stage, stand tall like the Nintendo of old and say "Bring it on." 

What they're doing now is just...sad.

Pavolink said:
oniyide said:
again. Why not do both? not being at e3 sends a message that Ninty isnt taking this whole thing seriously and in turn people wont take them seriously. Doesnt matter what some forum goers say. a ND is not a substitute as the people watching does are Ninty fans already. But hey they can do what they want. But im thinking we arent going to see much new if anything at E3

Thumps up. People need to wake up and see the reality. Just because some are ok doesn't mean everyone else is. Companies moves by interests and press is not interest anymore in cover Nintendo.

ND are watched by us, Nintendo fans, and we will watch a live conference or a pre-recorded ND, but not anyone else. Most prefer those conferences, crappy or good.

I still fail to see the difference. The prerecorded experience is superior for those watching at home, and the journalists still get their cake too! All that's missing is a live audience reaction. Don't make me pull my Big Bang Theory clip back out again...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

prayformojo said:

It's not so much about winning as it is competeing. Now is not the time to duck, cower and throw up the figurative white flag which is what they're doing. They're losing, and losing bad. What they needed to do imo, was come out swinging. Let's see Metroid Prime 4 with a rubust online component. Lets see a dark, mature Zelda. Lets see some AAA, core software. I want to see them come out on stage, stand tall like the Nintendo of old and say "Bring it on." 

What they're doing now is just...sad.

I don't see anything sad about bettering their presentation format and bringing E3 to more people. Seems uber awesome to me! Less fluff, more games!

Pavolink said:

If that was the case sales will have bumped already.

I don't see how people liking a presentation format over another one has anything to do with sales. Seeing how the Gamecube still floundered, it further shows that the presentation format really does not matter in terms of sales.

Its worked so well after the last one they skipped.
Do shit that makes no sense or could help out nintendo, that is the way they make decisions there, I dont want to be cynical this time, because its horribly true.