By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - According to some on Vgchartz, one-three games is enough reason to buy a new system, so why is the Wii U "not worth it" to some?

flagstaad said:
CommonNinja said:

If your interested in thoes games then yes.

I'm not really that interested in any of the Wii U games except Mario Kart 8, but yes, actually  3  games is my method of decision for whether or not I should get a particular console.  BTW, I'm mostly into western RPGs, Shooters, or any game that has really good storytelling.

-X1 had me with PvZ Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Halo, and Sunset Overdrive, so thats why I got it first.  (Quantum break also looks interesting)

-For Wii U im interested in MK8, and X, so if they anounce the next Zelda, then I'll probabally get the Wii U next.

-For PS4, I'm only interested in The Order 1886 right now, so I'm still waiting for 2 more interesting exclusives to be shown before buying.  

But you can play Titanfall on the 360, and both Halo and Sunset Overdrive are not even out yet... greatness awaits Xbox One version?

I never said the games had to be out yet.  

If I waited until all the games were out, I'd be waiting to get a next gen. console for a while.

And besides, while it is true that I'm still waiting for Halo, and SO right now, there are already 2 of the 4 games out right now that I'm having a blast playing right now with the other two ariving later this year.  

It just made the most sense for me as the Wii U won't have 3 games I want by the end of the year (Unless Zelda releases this year), and neither would PS4 wich only has 1 game I'm interested in comming out this year, and none I'm interested in that are out now. 

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=181938&page=3

The thread above. Some say titanfall alone was worth the purchase of a XOne and some say Ryse, Dead rising, and titanfall were worth it alone.

I am sure many PS4 owners may think the same.

Wii U has Mario, Donkey Kong, NSMBU, Zombie U, Lego City, Wonderful 101, etc.

Shouldn't all of you be saying the same thing about the Wii U?

No gaemz?

Ok Infamous is missing.  I lent it to a friend "Yoshida style!". ;)

I suppose it's a matter of what kind of games you like to play, and also future games.  When I bought my Wii U it was specifically for SM3DW.  When I bought my PS4 it was for several games, plus expectancy of a lot of games in the future.  i.e. we all know it will get the best games from Naughty Dog, Bungie, Square, Konami, Rockstar, Ubisoft, Actiblizzard, 2K, EA, Capcom, Namco, etc. etc. etc.

Contrary to some vgchartz folclore, 3rd party games are in fact games!  Those are AAA games I want to play, out of which only COD & AC are on the Wii U but not good versions.

My 8th gen collection

Different tastes man.

it has to be 1-3 games people actually like, you could list all the games you want for Wii U if people dont care about them it doesnt matter.

Maybe because Xbox One and PS4 actually have 3rd parties backing up the exclusives? Hence not having to wait on 1 new game every 3-6 months

Around the Network

PC has hundreds of amazing gaems. PS2 has 200+. PS3 50+. PS4 zero to three depending on your standards.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

A console with no future and just a handful of interesting games isn't worth 300 Euro to me. If Nintendo nails it this E3 and cuts the price - I'm gonna get a Wii U. The price cut being the most important factor, at this point I can't justify a Wii U purchase when PS4 costs just a little bit more.

For me it's actually 10 games at least before I buy a console.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

The problem with consoles is that you get your fun out of the games and not out of the console. But in order to play the games you have to invest in the console. So the investment for the console is a problem.... Many people do not want to invest in more than 1 console.

If I say "I bought this console for this game" it really means "I already made the decision to buy this console eventually and this game is the reason I am finally buying it".

In case of the Wii U... It is not a matter of the games it has to offer. But after that special WiiMote experience on the Wii I will probably not buy a console again that lacks a standard controlpad as main controller. I would start considering buying a Wii U at a fair price if they drop the controller. The Wii U is simply too expensive for what it has to offer in my personal opinion... and I think I am not alone with this opinion.

jlmurph2 said:
Maybe because Xbox One and PS4 actually have 3rd parties backing up the exclusives? Hence not having to wait on 1 new game every 3-6 months

This.

And almost all WiiU exclusives cater to a same or similar audience, while X1 and PS4 spread their wealth across many genres and target more audiences.

only read the first page, so apologies if my point has already been covered.

The issue is that those 3 games have to appeal to the same demographic/be of the same genre.

So on the XBone; Titanfall, Dead Rising and Ryse all appeal to the same date raping dudebro demographic, so it makes sense for them to jump in at that point.

Platformers aside, the Wii U doesn't have many games in the same genre.

RPG wise there's MH3 and arguably Zelda. So RPG fans will be waiting for X.
Niche wise there's W101 and Pikmin 3, so fans of weird games are probably waiting for Bayonetta 2.
Action adventure wise there's only Windwaker so we're waiting on another Zelda and something else that hits the same buttons.
Family wise, there's a lot, but I think that big multiplayer title is needed, hopefully Mario Kart will do the job.
Shooter wise there's nothing really of note, and nothing exclusive.
Horror there's Zombie U. When Fatal Frame comes out, and if Nintendo do work out a deal for another exclusive, it might encourage horror fans to pick one up.

In other words, the Wii U lineup is diverse, but there's not quite enough in each genre, platforming aside.