By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - According to some on Vgchartz, one-three games is enough reason to buy a new system, so why is the Wii U "not worth it" to some?

Ryan, you should know by now that statements like these can only apply when they help out a biased point of view.

However, in this case, I don't blame people for not buying the Wii U. The Wii U itself is just... bad. Blargh, I would say.

Around the Network

What if they dont like those games?

I think most people are saying it while also taking into account future games. They plan to play more games but titanfall is the right time to jump in for some people.

The bigger reason is future potential. It's simply a smarter choice for a person to go with PS4/XBO because they know it will get solid 3rd party support. With the WiiU you're basically stuck with 1st party titles and not much else.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

spurgeonryan said:

I didn't buy PS4 for its games. I'm getting Wii U for Rosalina in Smash 4, and I'll get a XB1 for Halo 5 bundle.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

I thought people bought ps4 to watch Netflix and x1 for Skype! This is news to me

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Yeah, they are all worth it to me. But which is the most worth it? That is the question.

Maybe people are hypocrital... and maybe a console really just needs 1 or 3 games (THAT YOU LIKE) to be worth, and this people don't like them (but we can't say the games you listed aren't worth).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

If your interested in thoes games then yes.

I'm not really that interested in any of the Wii U games except Mario Kart 8, but yes, actually  3  games is my method of decision for whether or not I should get a particular console.  BTW, I'm mostly into western RPGs, Shooters, or any game that has really good storytelling.

-X1 had me with PvZ Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Halo, and Sunset Overdrive, so thats why I got it first.  (Quantum break also looks interesting)

-For Wii U im interested in MK8, and X, so if they anounce the next Zelda, then I'll probabally get the Wii U next.

-For PS4, I'm only interested in The Order 1886 right now, so I'm still waiting for 2 more interesting exclusives to be shown before buying.  

I bought the Vita because of Persona 4 Golden and Gravity Rush.

I don't regret it.