By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most epic moments of your gaming life

Completing Super Mario World for the first time.
Playing Grand Theft Auto 3 for the first time at my cousin's house.
Buying my first PlayStation 3 and getting GTA IV the next day. I still remember the date.
Fighting in the train on Uncharted 2.
Winning games at MGS Peace Walker's Versus Ops. It was always a thrill.
Passing GTA V with 100% completion and getting it's platinum trophy.
Being #1 on the Longest Headshot leaderboard in MGS Ground Zeroes (for a day, at least).

Around the Network

Nintendo Sixty FOOOOOUUUUURRRRRRRR!!!!!!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

- Finally getting 99.999.999 points in Super Mario World. It took me one week. I was 5

-Discovering Kingdom Hearts for the first time. This was my first J-RPG

- Manly tears while watching first teaser of KH3 and finally news of FFXV by Nomura. My girlfriend called me a pussy.

- Yelling till I had no voice left when I first saw Nomura IRL at Japan Expo France

- Doing a 82 minutes game in League of Legends. Games are supposed to last 35-45 minutes. From 45 minutes onwards, the slightest mistake by any member of the team makes you loose the game. I tripled kill the end.

- Being one of the first on the race for Mugen souls platinum. I ended up giving up after 280 hours, but writing guide for others instead of just searching for help on the internet was awesome.

-Beating the matador in DDS2. It was my first SMT and it took me 2 days. This boss was just horrible.

My first time turning my PSONE on. Fucking EPIC!!

this year:
-stage 2-k from DKCTF. (and its soundtrack)
-rayman legends invaded stages
-playing braid.
-zelda SS exploration.
-the last of us mindblowing ending
-opening and playing as rosalina in SM3DW!

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:

Getting my Voodoo 2 card.. around 1998..

Before/Software

After / 3Dfx Opengl:

Yeah looks like arse nowadays but that was the time that 3D cards came up.. you had to been there..

NICE!  I was a video game reviewer for the technology section of the city newspaper and bought one of these to be able to complete certain reviews.  This was a huge deal in my beginnings as a lifelong gamer and my technology career.

Miguel_Zorro said:
soulfly666 said:
Miguel_Zorro said:
soulfly666 said:
Miguel_Zorro said:

Blockbuster World Video Game Championships.  1993-1994.  

Was that NBA Jam and Judge Dredd on Genesis?

NBA Jam and Sonic.  There was a third game at the local level and I can't remember what it was.

I got a perfect score on Sonic at the store level, which I think was double what the next best player had.  Went on to the next level at the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto and won that.  Then went to Florida.  I did very well through several rounds but was eventually eliminated with a buzzer beater shot in NBA Jam.  The guy who eliminated me won the whole thing.

Crazy!!!  NBA Jam is such a badass game.  Have you played On Fire edition?  If you have it, we should jam.  What was the grand prize of the tourney?

The grand prize was some amount of cash and getting your face in the Jungle Strike game.  For some reason, we all put more value on getting ourselves into Jungle Strike, even though I got a free trip out of it.  Funny, I don't remember the exact $ amount of the grand prize but I still remember the final match so vividly - I was playing as Seattle because their ability to hit 3s was incredible.  My opponent was playing as the Knicks who were in hindsight a better team to use against a human opponent.

I thought the servers were down for NBA Jam on Fire edition?

They shut down the servers for the 2010 NBA Jam remake (f'in terrible game) .  The 2011 PSN released ( far better, fixed AI, $35 cheaper) NBA JAM on FIRE edition servers should still be up as far as I know.

Beating Digimon World for the first time, damn that was hard.

Playing Xenoblade Chronicles.

Mario 64... All of it.
Beating super metroid for the first time. Is was relitivly recently but i remember the thrill and sense of achievement like i was a kid again.
playing street fighter 2 at a friends house at around 10 years old.
Certainly deus ex, wonderboy 3, system shock 2 and majoras mask had big impacts on me.