By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Company Should Leave the Gaming Industry?

What Company Should Leave the Gaming Industry?

Microsoft 658 65.28%

Nintendo 118 11.71%

Sony 229 22.72%

Total:1,005

Neither really. Competition is awesome.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Microsoft, not only because their contribution is redundant, but also because they are the most welcoming ones of despicable practices. EA is bad enough, but an enabler is worse.

Quoting so I don't have to write this again myself.

Electronic Arts

Slarvax said:
I would say right away "Microsoft", then I gave it some thought and it's either Nintendo or Sony. Of course, nobody is leaving, but it would be better if an eastern company leaves, instead of making the only western company in the industry to leave. That would make this a confusing industry. Sure, Sony is winning in the west and probably will, but I think it's better to have 1 western and 1 eastern, than 2 eastern.

That's racist. Every company should have a fair shot at leaving.

So go ahead, say it; Microsoft should leave.

If i had to choose one to leave it would definitely be Microsoft. Just as important as competition is variation, and in that respect having Nintendo around is a great addition to the industry. That just leaves the "HD twin", of which i believe Sony is the stronger half.

Around the Network

Ouya

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

DarkRPGamer007 said:

Listen, I don't want to start a fanboy war. I agree with you that the PS3 actually did have some better multiplats then the 360 last year and probably was a better console to get in 2013 then, well, any. Look up the ratings yourself though, most XBOX multiplats are higher rated than on PlayStation. Also, the PS4 is just another console. Though Nintendo's consoles may not always do as well or be as superior, they always offer play styles only on them. You can get the "Sony" feel on PC or XBOX just without some exclusives.

No wars here man. I come bearing olive branches. If I see something I disagree with or is in err, then I’ll respond – that’s all.

I didn't say anything about the PS3 multiplats though. My argument was focused squarely on current gen (PS4 and XB1). The Xbox 360 had superior multiplats when compared to the PS3, for the most part. That's a losing argument I won’t get into.

And ratings for multiplats are tricky when you factor in some publications that exclusively rate games for one system or another. For instance, PSU might give MGS GZ on PS4 an 8 while XB Nation might give it a 10 on XB1 although the PS4 version is clearly the superior one (performance).

DF usually does a good job of showing which version is superior, performance wise. And with the exception of one game that comes to mind, I believe most games have been superior on PS4. We can go from launch titles like AC4 all the way up to games that released last month such as MGS GZ or articles about unreleased games such as Lords of the Fallen.

To be honest, while I like Nintendo, I find they rely too much on their legacy, and I don't find their "advancements" have been great of late. They offer updates to games I've been playing for years - which isn't bad - but a change would be nice. At least with Sony I get to experience things that deviate from the norm. Some are great and others are not so great, but that comes with risk taking I suppose. I suspect a large number of gamers share my sentiments considering the abysmal sales of the Wii U (though that's not conclusive).

I do agree on the uniqueness of Nintendo, and that's why I'll continue to buy their systems, but in my view I find their contributions have been the most muted of the 3 (or second most, take your pick) when you consider the last few years.

But that’s just my opinion, and you have yours. Nothing wrong with seeing things differently.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

NintendoPie said:
Slarvax said:
I would say right away "Microsoft", then I gave it some thought and it's either Nintendo or Sony. Of course, nobody is leaving, but it would be better if an eastern company leaves, instead of making the only western company in the industry to leave. That would make this a confusing industry. Sure, Sony is winning in the west and probably will, but I think it's better to have 1 western and 1 eastern, than 2 eastern.

So go ahead, say it; Microsoft One of the 3 should leave.

There!

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Slarvax said:
NintendoPie said:
Slarvax said:

So go ahead, say it; Microsoft One of the 3 should leave.

There!

You monster!

Mr Puggsly said:
Ouya

Beat me to it :P

If I have to choose one of the big three... I guess MS. I'd prefer all of them stay though.

Bets:

1. If the Wii U sells closer to 10 million LTD by 1/3/2015 I win. If it sells closer to 9.5 million LTD by 1/3/2015 OfficerRaichu15 wins (winner gets 2 weeks of avatar control)--Lost.