By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware/US Software April 19th up!

trixiemafia86 said:
April fool is over.. VGC
btw, is ioi really an xbox fan like i hear on other sites?

anyways, these numbers are off for US, like they have been since the beginning of the year.
Why is xbone always overtracked each month this year?

I remember him being a 360 owner, dont recall if owned a PS3 or not but if he is a fan of XBOX he keeps it on the down low in his post.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network
Aerys said:
Now i understand why Neogaf banned VGC

On the other hand they still use those numbers when discusing the situation when there is no other official number.

Mummelmann said:
Strange that some of the numbers are bouncing up and down, there are no good reasons for sudden week over week increases of 5-12% all of the sudden, without any major releases or retailer moves.

I really do hope that no one still expects a 250k baseline for the PS4 through summer, One seems to more or less be at the exact spot I thought it would as long as they keep pushing mandatory Kinect and keep the price too high (about 70% of the PS4 in sales this CY).

i acually expect an average of 108k for PS4 between april and until the end of august. 

Wow incredible, some PS4 boxes must have contained XOne's because that's the only way to explain those numbers.

Ka-pi96 said:
Raven722 said:
LOL Wow. Looking forward to the next NPD. This site seems to be going downhill in its guesstimations.

Based on what? There is currently no other data for the week so it is impossible to say whether these figures are more/less accurate than normal.

Based on how the NPD numbers for the first 3 months of this year went.  Overtracking or undertracking one or both consoles by anywhere from 50 to 100k in the US. Should anyone take these numbers any kind of serious after what happened in March?

Around the Network
pezus said:
Dark_Feanor said:
Aerys said:

On the other hand they still use those numbers when discusing the situation when there is no other official number.

Using VGC numbers is a bannable offense. You'll have to support that with some evidence.

Yep, it's an immediate ban. I've used our forum speculation over there and even that gets dicey.

The PS5 Exists. 

Dark_Feanor said:

You can't do that there even when you have no number to discuss (it is hard to happen because company needs to release numbers every three months... and there are Famitsu and NPD).

Horrendous tracking, can't wait for NPD results to show wrong this site is AGAIN. It's like ioi doesn't want this site to be taken seriously.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

pezus said:
Dark_Feanor said:
Aerys said:

Using VGC numbers is a bannable offense. You'll have to support that with some evidence.

They use in a very stelth way and the numbers then became "officials" because of repetition.

Look at yesterday MS financial report, the numbers 4/4.1/4.2 where all around that thread.

Played my Vita a little to celebrate.
also, nice bump for the Xbox One, getting close to PS4 sales this week, but the PS4 still ahead, as it should be since Sony gave us Stick to the Man for free =D

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.