By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One production may slow down or stop to give retailers a chance to shift inventory

vivster said:
mysteryman said:

It's PPS. Post postscript.

Subsequent additions would be PPPS, PPPPS etc.

Don't ruin it. I was waiting for him to reach PS4 :)

Lol, me too...

Around the Network

I would like to hear seece's opinion on the matter

Digi30 said:
BeElite said:
That does not sound positive, Their rival cant make enough.

Just cut the damn price, make a kiex less sku bring back the 360 strategy that worked damn well.

What do you mean their rival can't make enough? I have regularly seen PS4 available either online or in stores since start of March.

I assume you do not live in Europe.

In Germany for example there is no online retailer that has it in stock for 399. Not even Amazon.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Digi30 said:
BeElite said:
That does not sound positive, Their rival cant make enough.

Just cut the damn price, make a kiex less sku bring back the 360 strategy that worked damn well.

What do you mean their rival can't make enough? I have regularly seen PS4 available either online or in stores since start of March.

Its not that the PS4's are sold out here in the USA, its that the retailers are cylcling through PS4 consoles enough that they're constantly ordering more.  And thus the statement that Sony probably's still having a time keeping up with refresh orders from major retailers here in the USA.

celador said:
daredevil.shark said:
Nothing unusal. Normal business practice to manage inventory. BTW microsoft seemed to shipped a lot than planned.

I think it's a common theme with Xbox One.  Historically nothing to worry about, it just looks like a big issue when compared to PS4.

This. 

Also, yield issues!

Around the Network

@ BeElite

I'm sure MS would love to drop the price by $100, while dropping the Kinect. Unfortunately, I don't think investors are going to be too happy if they do. Especially since all they did for didn't really change much, while eating into their profits. That and they probably have a huge supply of Kinects that wouldn't be sold, as their original plans had them selling it with the One for probably most, if not all, of its lifetime.

I think all investors are going to allow them to do, without making a huge stink, is dropping to $449 with Kinect.

They were good at cuts with out actually makeing cuts on the 360.

Do a tiny cut to 450 on the kinex Sku add a 1tb dirive to up the value over PS4.  Cut the camera, do it now while it can do some good to at least achieve PS4 price parity for a basic sku.

Wasn't Sony's original predictions 5mn shipped PS4 by end of march, and everyone saw that at the time as a great achievement. Sony crushed their prediction, yet MS reach that mark, and people think that is bad? A drawback in production, isn't that quite common for the april-June quarter?

lines up with what i've seen. i'm still surprised retail let xbox ship as many as they did last quarter. xbox has "holiday" levels of stock at the stores by me.

ktay95 said:
fauzman said:
I dont get it. If MS has so much X1 stock, why dont they launch in the 50 or whatever number of countries they have yet to officially launch in? Seems like a waste.

You cant launch in a country without first having their language supported by Kinect... otherwise the XBO is pointless. What are you meant to do without Kinect??

Another problem is electricity. Probably about 75-80% of excess stock is in the US, and another 15-20% in the UK, so they cannot just move that stock to other countries, they would need to recall them and repack with appropriate power supplies and plugs. 

I honestly don't see what the problem is, its not like the Xbox 1 expires if left on the shelf to long. I say keep shipping them so that they can be sold in bulk and people can daisy chain the hdmi ins to make a DVR feedback loop that creates a PS4.

That's how you do it in minecraft

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank