By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who do you think will end up buying Sega when/if they go under?

No one. Their IPs will be bought by others and Nintendo may buy Sonic. Or not. We all know how they are about making good decisions.

Around the Network

Disney

They are kind of a joke since hey bailed out on the Dreamcast. They can't even make a halfway decent sonic game and now they are farming that out as well. The best thing they've done in the last 10 years was release a collection of Genesis ROMS on disk, rotfl.

I shouldn't laugh about that it's actually quite sad really. They used to be my favorite console manufacturer but they are irrelevant now.

Ronster316 said:
AZWification said:
Ronster316 said:
SEGA buy Capcom?

House of The Dead Rising?

Final Rage?

Mega Sonic?

Shinobi May Cry?

I'M IN...!!!!!!!

I would buy that game........twice!

Likewise, in a heartbeat.

Also SEGA & Capcom combining Streets of Rage/Final Fight and keeping it 2D *drools*

That would be so awesome! Both franchises also deserve more attention! The last Final Fight game released was Streetwise in 2006, but it was AWFUL!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

JPL78 said:

They are kind of a joke since hey bailed out on the Dreamcast. They can't even make a halfway decent sonic game and now they are farming that out as well. The best thing they've done in the last 10 years was release a collection of Genesis ROMS on disk, rotfl.

I shouldn't laugh about that it's actually quite sad really. They used to be my favorite console manufacturer but they are irrelevant now.

Sure thing JP.

Looking at the list of games you have played........ the likes of Virtua Fighter 5, Sonic Generations, Binary Domain & The Yakuza games blow away some of the turds on your gamercards.

They might be irrelivent to you, but if they keep been profitable, and if they can acquire some more studios, theres always a chance that that they could return to some form of greatness.

Think what you like, but remember, a lot of companies who were bad initially (and one in particular springs to mind before they went on a studio buying spree) have managed to get better.

Who knows, maybe SEGA might even be able to get back some of the top talent that was poached away from them by some of the other companies out there.

Your now regular digs at SEGA disappoint me.

Around the Network

Buying Sega ?

No one can do it, because actually, it's Sega who buy others compagny (hello Atlus).

Damn we got George Bush on this site now...

JPL78 said:

Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations were great games you know.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I would hope MS since I think that would be the place that would fit Sega style of games best. However, haven't Sega been quite successful as of late? It is not even close to their situation at the end of the 90's :).

I think that Sonic is perfect for Nintendo but no the Sega's Pc games. It's hard to imagine Nintendo developping a Total War for their own console. In my opinion it will be like for THQ every compagny will buy the franchise which correspond the best to their public. Steam, Microsoft or 2k would buy Total War, Nintendo Sonic and Sony Shenmue.