By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who do you think will end up buying Sega when/if they go under?

Would it kill you to actually check the financial status of a company before starting a thread about who will acquire them?

Oh, who am I kidding, I can't stay mad at you Spurge.

Around the Network

They were already bought several years ago by Sammy. They're now a healthy company even if their output is more dubious. They make their money from pachinko machines in Japan.

They also invest far less in games so less to lose.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Aren't Sega mostly a Pachinko business or something like that?

I don't see why Nintendo would want that kind of product lineup.

Pachinko may be a on the decline.
http://www.tssznews.com/2014/02/28/sega-sammy-cuts-fy14-profit-forecast-significantly/

Anfebious said:
I hope it's Nintendo, they fit very well with them.

I can hear the screams of UK people due to Football Manager becoming a Nintendo exclusive...

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

Has Sega had a really big hit since the good old days of Sonic and the Secret Rings or the Olympic series?

You got to imagine that they are on life support. I do not know for sure, but nothing has really stood out to me over the past decade. The Conduit series did mediocre, Aliens mediocre, Sonic mediocre for a while.

People love to imagine that Nintendo would just naturally buy up their old enemy, now best friend. But I really doubt this  would happen.

If I had to guess I would say Sony. Microsoft bought up RARE and has not really used them properly. Sony needs some dependable Kid's fare, and Sega's other IP's would be a nice exclusive edition as well.

Nintendo does not really need it, and the combination of SEGA/Nintendo characters has kind of worn out its welcome.

If it were to happen, what do you think the situation would be, Dear Friends?

http://segabits.com/blog/2014/02/10/sega-sammy-q3-report-for-fiscal-year-2014-major-growth/#more-35305

SEGA is married to a huge money maker, namely Sammy´s pachinkos . They are doing quite well overall.

At least look at some financial reports before making unfounded statements .

Sega profited 300$ million in the last fiscal year ending March 31st 2014. Their revenue was over 4$ billion.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I think the OP meant Capcom, not Sega.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Cheebee said:
I think the OP meant Capcom, not Sega.

Well in that case... SEGA =D

I think OP meant Sony, not Sega :p