By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo to offer a season pass, World is over as we know

Tagged games:

pezus said:
superchunk said:
See third parties, this is how you offer DLC. You create a full game and add completely new content that is fully optional and relatively cheap.

You don't create the game and then strip stuff out to make DLC.

Hopefully Nintendo continues this as they have done similar on WiiU with Pikmin3, NSLU, and hopefully future WiiU titles yet to come.

They DID strip it out, since it will be ready at release. What is to stop them from including it with the game BUT money and greed? This is no different from everyone else.

Nope. They created a full game same as every other time before. Then they realized they now have this awesome opportunity to do a little more work to generate more income. So they are spending time building up a lot of additional content that is clearly far and beyond anything they've delivered previously in a MG game.

This is extra.

Around the Network

and i will completely ignore its existence like i do with every other season pass that ever existed

good job nintendo ...
now paid online pls to make it an even better experience

No Nintendo...

You were the chosen one...

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

The fact that this starts Day 1 is why this is bad, as there's no reason they couldn't put it into the main game.

etking said:
I will never buy any game with micro trasactions or Day 1 DLC. I skipped Bravely Default and I will skip any game that comes with incomplete content, even if it is the new Mario or Zelda.

In the case of Bravely Default, you really can't just ignore the SP drinks thing?

Around the Network
superchunk said:
pezus said:
superchunk said:
See third parties, this is how you offer DLC. You create a full game and add completely new content that is fully optional and relatively cheap.

You don't create the game and then strip stuff out to make DLC.

Hopefully Nintendo continues this as they have done similar on WiiU with Pikmin3, NSLU, and hopefully future WiiU titles yet to come.

They DID strip it out, since it will be ready at release. What is to stop them from including it with the game BUT money and greed? This is no different from everyone else.

Nope. They created a full game same as every other time before. Then they realized they now have this awesome opportunity to do a little more work to generate more income. So they are spending time building up a lot of additional content that is clearly far and beyond anything they've delivered previously in a MG game.

This is extra.

90% of DLC's are the same. I've never bought a DLC and I've never felt like the games had missing part.

Lusche said:

good job nintendo ...
now paid online pls to make it an even better experience

nooooo that one is a bad option. Small price for massive content that is optional.. sure. But no fee just to play the game you already bought.

RolStoppable said:

Truly a genius decision. Instead of making the game totally worth its price, they went this route where people will skip the base game and the whole "let's collect more money from DLC sales" thing becomes moot.

What you getting at? Would it be better to make the game 2x the content, delay it many months, and double is base price?

All games go through a process where they define how much content  it will contain. With DLC and online, you have the capability to create extra content for those who really can't get enough to buy at a cheap price.

Its not a bad deal. People who get pissed just don't realize you're getting the same base game as every iteration. Just an option to have more.

*Looks at huge collection of NES carts on shelf and cries*

superchunk said:
RolStoppable said:

Truly a genius decision. Instead of making the game totally worth its price, they went this route where people will skip the base game and the whole "let's collect more money from DLC sales" thing becomes moot.

What you getting at? Would it be better to make the game 2x the content, delay it many months, and double is base price?

All games go through a process where they define how much content  it will contain. With DLC and online, you have the capability to create extra content for those who really can't get enough to buy at a cheap price.

Its not a bad deal. People who get pissed just don't realize you're getting the same base game as every iteration. Just an option to have more.

Give it up superchunk, its over.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank